    they even teach the very basics about Usenet postings before letting them
    loose on the net :) spammers are gonna have a field day with all those
    addresses

    EAgle, Mar 3, 2004

  2. EAgle

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <c245cv$7kf$>, says...
    > Have you guys noticed all the students from the Christchurch Polytechnic
    > Institute of Technology who are posting in nz.test with their real email
    > addresses? Looks to me like the result of some tutorial they've had.. don't
    > they even teach the very basics about Usenet postings before letting them
    > loose on the net :) spammers are gonna have a field day with all those
    > addresses

    Their server probably doesn't allow address faking

    Mainlander, Mar 3, 2004

  3. EAgle

    EAgle Guest

    "Mainlander" <*@*.nz> wrote in message
    > In article <c245cv$7kf$>, says...
    > > Have you guys noticed all the students from the Christchurch Polytechnic
    > > Institute of Technology who are posting in nz.test with their real email
    > > addresses? Looks to me like the result of some tutorial they've had..

    don't
    > > they even teach the very basics about Usenet postings before letting

    them
    > > loose on the net :) spammers are gonna have a field day with all those
    > > addresses

    > Their server probably doesn't allow address faking

    Yes.. a good point..

    EAgle, Mar 3, 2004
  4. Re: CPIT (Christchurch Polytechnic Institute of Technology) Postsin nz.test

    EAgle wrote:
    > Have you guys noticed all the students from the Christchurch Polytechnic
    > Institute of Technology who are posting in nz.test with their real email
    > addresses? Looks to me like the result of some tutorial they've had.. don't
    > they even teach the very basics about Usenet postings before letting them
    > loose on the net :) spammers are gonna have a field day with all those
    > addresses

    I noticed that one a couple of months back(must have been the last
    course) but they were using what looked like test email addy's. Using
    their own this time... oh well.

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz