cPicture LE, windows freeware

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jürgen Eidt, Feb 5, 2004.

  1. Jürgen Eidt

    Jürgen Eidt Guest

    This week I released a windows freeware cPicture LE using the latest JPEG
    features done by Guido Vollbeding from the Independent JPEG Group:
    http://cpicture.de/en/index.html

    Have a look, its free. cPicture LE is a fast and compact Software for
    digital camera pictures and features:

    separate compression for color and brightness
    Lossless rotate/mirror with optional rotate/mirror of the embedded EXIF
    ThumbnailLossless cropping with fixed aspect ratio
    Lossless splitting of panorama pictures
    Lossless grayscale conversion
    Resizing/Zoom using the new CJPEG/DJPEG features
    Resize to fixed file size (!)
    (these features are for JPEG only)

    Color profile support (embedded JPEG profiles or external .ICM/.ICC)
    Raw format support (DCRAW library as plug-in)
    Plays camera video files (DirectX supported media formats like AVI, MPEG)

    Slideshow
    Picture search (Comment/Name/Date)
    Detailed display EXIF information
    Rename pictures to EXIF date

    Red-Eye removal
    Easy HTML page creation using templates
    Contact sheet

    cPicture is one executable file and does not need any additional files or
    installation and runs from Win95 with at least IE5.5.

    --
    Thanks
    Jürgen
    Jürgen Eidt, Feb 5, 2004

  2. "Jürgen Eidt" wrote:

    > This week I released a windows freeware cPicture LE using the latest JPEG
    > features done by Guido Vollbeding from the Independent JPEG Group:
    > http://cpicture.de/en/index.html

    Thanks, nice to see the new features applied.
    After my previous experiences with the lossless rotation feature,
    the major digital camera manufacturers will again be the latest
    who will apply, if at all, though they would need it most...

    Regards
    Guido
    Guido Vollbeding, Feb 5, 2004

  3. Jürgen Eidt

    Jürgen Eidt Guest

    "Guido Vollbeding" <> wrote

    > Thanks, nice to see the new features applied.
    > After my previous experiences with the lossless rotation feature,
    > the major digital camera manufacturers will again be the latest
    > who will apply, if at all, though they would need it most...

    Someone should not forget the management and post processing software.
    There are several popular software packages out there which do lossless
    operations, but recreate the thumbnail and mess up the EXIF MakerNotes.
    Seems no one complain so far.
    Good quality camera hardware is for most the important part, but the
    software doesn't get the rank thats appropriate.
    Yes, I still have to see a compact model not using color subsampling in the
    best quality mode.

    --
    Regards
    Jürgen