    Only, there is a latin language answer whis i can not unterstand.

    I wonder if anyone can tell what thiese Packages are.

    Kindest regards from Anbomi
    Anton, Dec 3, 2006

  2. Anton

    beenthere Guest

    "Anton" <> wrote in message
    news:Ogxch.19$2net.dk...
    > During the last week there has come 3 new "programs" in my Install-Remowe
    > Programs.
    > They are named;
    > CP_Package_Variety 1
    > CP_Package_Variety 2
    > CP_Package_Variety 3
    >
    > I wonder if anyone can tell what thiese Packages are.
    >
    > Kindest regards from Anbomi

    Go to Start\Search.
    Type in `*.*` in the search field.
    Then go down to `When was it` in the search box.
    Finally in put the dates when you think it happened.
    Nobody uses the full power of Search !.

    bw..OJ
    beenthere, Dec 3, 2006

  3. Anton

    Anton Guest

    Thanks to beenthere

    I have tried to search all files during the last month, but there is so
    many, that i can not tell. Problem is the program/file, that install
    cp_package_variety possibly have another name.

    But could be, I more clearly explain the problem.

    2 months ago I had the same problem with cp_package_variety 1-2-3. and
    solved the problem with a system backup point (do not know the English
    name). Now it has come back.

    I can not use a former backup point since i 2 weeks ago had a key logger.
    After it was removed I was afraid of the backup also was infected and
    therefore deleted all older system backup points.

    After search in Google and MSN I found a Swede who had the same problem.

    Their discussion did conclude that it had to be a HP printerdriver, but
    since I do not have HP printer or printerdriver or other hardware, it can
    not be that.

    I have searched the installed programs to see if one of them might had the
    effect the Change/Remove option in Settings, Add/Remove Programs is
    disabled. But I can come upon it.

    There are only 2 new .msi files during the last 2 months, and they are from
    common MSwindows programs.

    Still hope for some new ideas.

    Regards Anbomi
    Anton, Dec 3, 2006
  4. Anton

    nobody > Guest

    Anton wrote:
    > Thanks to beenthere
    >
    > I have tried to search all files during the last month, but there is so
    > many, that i can not tell. Problem is the program/file, that install
    > cp_package_variety possibly have another name.
    >

    > But could be, I more clearly explain the problem.
    >
    > 2 months ago I had the same problem with cp_package_variety 1-2-3. and
    > solved the problem with a system backup point (do not know the English
    > name). Now it has come back.
    >
    > I can not use a former backup point since i 2 weeks ago had a key logger.
    > After it was removed I was afraid of the backup also was infected and
    > therefore deleted all older system backup points.
    >
    > After search in Google and MSN I found a Swede who had the same problem.
    >
    > Their discussion did conclude that it had to be a HP printerdriver, but
    > since I do not have HP printer or printerdriver or other hardware, it can
    > not be that.
    >

    > I have searched the installed programs to see if one of them might had the
    > effect the Change/Remove option in Settings, Add/Remove Programs is
    > disabled. But I can come upon it.
    >

    > There are only 2 new .msi files during the last 2 months, and they are from
    > common MSwindows programs.
    >

    > Still hope for some new ideas.
    >

    > Regards Anbomi

    You rreeaalllyy need to change your surfing habits there, Bucky!

    Who knows what else you've picked up and don't see. Your computer could
    be sending thousands of spam messages and you wouldn't know it.

    If you've had more than 2 malware attacks (doesn't make any difference
    whether it's a keylogger or a worm or ?, it;s still malware), you really
    should think about doing the "Reformat/Reinstall Windows" routine.
    There's far too many chances for one of the previous infestations to
    reoccur or for a dormant one to awaken.

    Do some serious thinking about installing a firewall, antivirus, and
    malware program this time around.
    nobody >, Dec 3, 2006
  5. Anton

    Anton Guest

    Thanks you nobody
    Factum is i do have McFee Antivirus and Firewall installed, always had, but
    it was unable to detect the keylogger.
    I also have Add Aware and SpyBot installed and use them atleast weekly, but
    thise was also unable to detect anythind malisius.

    And I do format my HD and make a new install, but i am still interested to
    know who has made the installation of the PC_Package_Variety.

    Regards from Anton
    Anton, Dec 5, 2006