    Can anyone tell me how well coyote linux performs as a firewall. I'm
    thinking of putting it on an older machine. I haven't heard much about it.
    Thanks

    Sal Typhus, Aug 9, 2003

  2. Sal Typhus

    Pop Guest

    Sal Typhus <> wrote in
    news::

    > Can anyone tell me how well coyote linux performs as a firewall. I'm
    > thinking of putting it on an older machine. I haven't heard much about
    > it. Thanks

    I can't speak for Coyote, but I've used Smoothwall without any issues. If
    Coyote is based on a 2.4 kernel and uses iptables, the only difference
    between it and Smoothwall would be configuration and management.

    Is Coyote free? Smoothwall is, and that makes it worth a beta test.

    Pop

    Pop, Aug 10, 2003

  3. Sal Typhus

    Lord Shaolin Guest

    "Sal Typhus" <> wrote in message
    > Can anyone tell me how well coyote linux performs as a firewall. I'm
    > thinking of putting it on an older machine. I haven't heard much about it.
    > Thanks

    It's ok prefer IPCop myself.

    Check out the options here:

    http://www.security-forums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31

    --

    -+ Shaolin +-
    Discard what is useless, absorb what is not and

    .: http://www.security-forums.com :.

    Lord Shaolin, Aug 11, 2003
  4. Sal Typhus

    KB Guest

    You might want also try FloppyFW. Search for it on Google.
    It's not a easy as Coyote or Smoothwall but it works well.

    KB, Aug 14, 2003