courses 2439 & 2433 with it??

Discussion in 'MCSE' started by Cyber-Guy, Sep 12, 2006.

  1. Cyber-Guy

    Cyber-Guy Guest

    Hi,

    I've been checking around on the internet about scripting in the windows
    environment to simplify life of a network admin and to make things more
    interesting.

    Ok the question is as follows. I've found that Microsoft has the following
    courses out on scripting (2439 - Scripting MS Windows Management
    Instrumentation & 2433 - Visual Basic Script and Windows Script Host
    Essentials), what are your opinion about the courses & is it worth taking
    these courses?

    Is it compatible with Windows Vista, or does Vista come with other methods
    of scripting?

    Any information and opinion about this subject plz.

    Thanx

    Cyber-Guy, Sep 12, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?T1RITUFO?=, Sep 12, 2006

  3. Cyber-Guy

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Cyber-Guy" <> say in

    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been checking around on the internet about scripting in the
    > windows environment to simplify life of a network admin and to make
    > things more interesting.
    >

    > Ok the question is as follows. I've found that Microsoft has the
    > following courses out on scripting (2439 - Scripting MS Windows
    > Management Instrumentation & 2433 - Visual Basic Script and Windows
    > Script Host Essentials), what are your opinion about the courses & is
    > it worth taking these courses?
    >
    > Is it compatible with Windows Vista, or does Vista come with other
    > methods
    > of scripting?
    >

    > Any information and opinion about this subject plz.
    >

    > Thanx

    the 2433 course is fairly old now, but it is still useful. I found that
    most students went badly cross-eyed during the 2439 (WMI can mess with your
    head). One thing it will convince you to do is purchase a good script
    editor (they use Primal Script in teh course) as there is only so much
    excitement you can get from "Visual Notepad". If you get a good trainer,
    you will have a good class. If not, well, not so good class.

    If you have a subsciption to MCP magazine, you might want to go through the
    archives (www.mcpmag.com) and pull up the "Scripting for MCSEs" series of
    articles by Chris Brooke (in teh archives) and of course the "Scripting
    Answers" columns by Don Jones. Excellent prep.

    As for Vista (or XP SP2 with .Net 2.0 for that matter), you should begin
    looking at the new Windows PowerShell (previously called MSH or Monad).
    Wikipedia has the 10,000 foot view and it works with current tech.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_PowerShell for the wiki and
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/scriptcenter/hubs/msh.mspx for teh MS site

    Also go digging for Thomas Lee's blog as he will have lots of stuff on
    PowerShell there. He's an MCT and MVP on Monad, so you can likely find a
    few odds and sods. He's from the UK, but you shouldn't hold THAT against
    him ;)

    HTH

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - There are 10 different kinds of people in this world...those who
    understand binary and those who don't.

    Neil, Sep 12, 2006
  4. Cyber-Guy

    Cyber-Guy Guest

    Thanx for the all info ;-)

    Cyber-Guy, Sep 12, 2006
  5. Cyber-Guy

    Neil Guest

    did you hear "Cyber-Guy" <> say in

    > Thanx for the all info ;-)

    well, just this once, it wont happen again!

    --
    The InterNeil MCNGP Triple X

    - Mood yalp tsum ouy... Mood yalp tsum ouy....

    Neil, Sep 12, 2006