    1) How do I if I should buy the 32 bit or the 64 bit version of Vista?
    2) Whats the difference between the upgrade version and the OEM version?

    If anyone can help I'd really appreciate it =)

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VyZnJvbg==?=, Jan 21, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?S2VyZnJvbg==?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 04:45:00 -0800, Kerfron
    <> wrote:

    >1) How do I if I should buy the 32 bit or the 64 bit version of Vista?

    Check the CPU you have.

    >2) Whats the difference between the upgrade version and the OEM version?

    Upgrade: you will need to have an existing Windows.
    OEM: will be sold with new hardware (like a new computer)

    Jud Hendrix, Jan 21, 2007

  3. So if I buy the OEM version there won't be any differences? And I have an AMD
    Athlon 64 Processor 3800+ 2.41 GHz

    =?Utf-8?B?S2VyZnJvbg==?=, Jan 21, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?S2VyZnJvbg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    There are license and support differences. NO support other than yourself.
    License tied to one computer.

    John Barnes, Jan 21, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?S2VyZnJvbg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    Actually the newsgroups and Microsoft's knowledge base are great support,
    but you have to do your own searching.

    John Barnes, Jan 21, 2007
  6. Depends entirely on how you use a computer. What things do you like to do?
    What programs do you use? For most home users a full retail Vista Home
    Premium edition should be just fine.

    Colin Barnhorst, Jan 21, 2007
  7. =?Utf-8?B?S2VyZnJvbg==?=

    Jud Hendrix Guest

    On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 10:08:44 -0800, Kerfron
    <> wrote:

    >Ok thats great :) So with my processor which version should I be looking to
    >buy?

    It says "Athlon 64". That should give you the hint :)

    jud

    Jud Hendrix, Jan 21, 2007
  8. =?Utf-8?B?S2VyZnJvbg==?=

    John Barnes Guest

    In addition to Colin's advice I would add that if everything you are going
    to put on the computer is new, hardware and software, make sure that you
    check driver availability and programs that are for Vista. Deciding on
    32-bit or 64-bit is also a decision you will need to make with OEM. Retail
    you get both, but OEM is one or the other. Another difference. At this
    point you can read this
    http://download.microsoft.com/downl..._XP_Professional_x64_Edition_Right_for_Me.doc
    to see if you are a candidate for 64-bit, but at this point I would think
    most still should stick with 32-bit FWIW.
    If you are going to be installing older hardware or software, check for
    driver availability. Older programs with drivers are highly unlikely to
    install on 64-bit and you will have a more luck with finding drivers for
    32-bit for the hardware.

    John Barnes, Jan 21, 2007