Couple of questions...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Michael Tate, Aug 8, 2003.

  1. Michael Tate

    Michael Tate Guest

    Hello all.

    I am traveling overseas for a couple months. I would like to take a lot of
    pictures of cityscapes and landscapes. Some at night and some during day. I
    bought a Nikon Coolpix 5700. I have been trying to learn about it. I have
    been taking a lot of photos. My main goal is to take good quality pictures
    to blow them up to 30x20 when I return for some posters.

    So here are my questions-

    Which is the best format to capture the pics in - the RAW of HI (Tiff)
    format?

    What is the best way to get those great night shots of cities so that I can
    actually see the buildings?

    Any help here would be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks!!

    Michael Tate, Aug 8, 2003

  2. Michael Tate

    Stephan POT Guest

    Most of the time RAW format is the format you use. With good software
    you can modify in a very important manner your photos. RAW is a camera
    dependent format.

    Try in the early evening when the lights of the offices already burn and
    the sky is stil with colour in it.
    Kidn regards,
    Stephan
    www.stephan-pot.itgo.com