Counting usage

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by JF Mezei, Jan 9, 2011.

  1. JF Mezei

    JF Mezei Guest

    I have an 871W router.

    Government has approved a scheme where the local imcumbents get to
    dicate rates and download limits on their competitors.

    This is a PPPoE service.

    So I want to be monitoring my usage to ensure I don't go over those
    limits (after which punitive pricing kicks in).

    I have the following setup:

    dialer 1 -> virtual Access 1 -> Fast Ethernet 4

    [ethernet] [FA 0/20 - 2924switch - FA 0/23] [ethernet] [adsl modem]

    At the switch, and the router's ethernet port level, is it correct to
    state that the byte counts on FA interfaces includes the 18 bytes of
    ethernet packet header ?

    For the dialer 1 and virtual access interfaces, what do the byte counts
    represent ? Do they include the PPPoE header ?
    JF Mezei, Jan 9, 2011