    Other usage seems to be as expected but would appreciate any pointers
    re the CS traffic count

    El

    Lukagain, Nov 30, 2004

  2. Lukagain wrote:
    > According to Jetstream's UsageMeter my lad appears to have racked up
    > nearly 220MB (180/40) in traffic in less than 3 hours of Counterstrike

    that sounds about right... I used to max(downstream) the 128k connection
    playing CS back in the 1.3 days... and I'd be mighty surprised if it has
    got "lighter" in traffic usage.

    that was ~1MByte/min so 180Mbytes in three hours... no idea what it did
    uploading, never checked.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 30, 2004

  3. Lukagain

    Lukagain Guest

    On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 22:51:58 +1300, "Dave - Dave.net.nz"
    <> wrote:

    >Lukagain wrote:
    >> According to Jetstream's UsageMeter my lad appears to have racked up
    >> nearly 220MB (180/40) in traffic in less than 3 hours of Counterstrike

    >that sounds about right... I used to max(downstream) the 128k connection
    >playing CS back in the 1.3 days... and I'd be mighty surprised if it has
    >got "lighter" in traffic usage.
    >
    >that was ~1MByte/min so 180Mbytes in three hours... no idea what it did
    >uploading, never checked.

    Thanks for that Dave. Wondering now whether his more recent games &
    HL2 will similarly threaten our traffic allowance (Capped at 10megs,
    then reduced to 64kbps) Whadyareckon ?

    El.

    Lukagain, Nov 30, 2004
  4. Lukagain wrote:
    >>>According to Jetstream's UsageMeter my lad appears to have racked up
    >>>nearly 220MB (180/40) in traffic in less than 3 hours of Counterstrike

    >>that sounds about right... I used to max(downstream) the 128k connection
    >>playing CS back in the 1.3 days... and I'd be mighty surprised if it has
    >>got "lighter" in traffic usage.

    > Thanks for that Dave. Wondering now whether his more recent games &
    > HL2 will similarly threaten our traffic allowance (Capped at 10megs,
    > then reduced to 64kbps) Whadyareckon ?

    well I have played CS source, but not HL2(same engine), and it seemed to
    use ~1.2MB per min, so not a lot more that CS, but I wouldn't think that
    it would threaten the 10GB cap... I know that I never came close to it,
    but then again that was prior to p2p taking off in a big way.

    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Nov 30, 2004