    codec packs to enable me to fast forward etc. I've no idea what to get
    but Ive heard that a lot of them will cause system crashes etc

    Thanks
    Buffy, Dec 6, 2004

  2. Buffy

    tcg Guest

    "Buffy" <stuartDONT-SEND-ME@aberhondduRUBBISH!!!!!!.me.uk> wrote in message
    news:cp1viv$7la$2surf.net...
    > Hi I am currently unable to fast forward or rewind some downloaded
    > videos. I have a DivX player installed that I view them on but no
    > additional things installed. I am thinking that I need one of these
    > codec packs to enable me to fast forward etc. I've no idea what to get
    > but Ive heard that a lot of them will cause system crashes etc
    >
    > Thanks

    You probably don't need to DL the player that comes with the codec.

    http://www.divx.com/divx/windows/
    tcg, Dec 6, 2004

  3. Buffy

    Valverdez Guest

    > Hi I am currently unable to fast forward or rewind some downloaded videos.
    > I have a DivX player installed that I view them on but no additional
    > things installed. I am thinking that I need one of these codec packs to
    > enable me to fast forward etc. I've no idea what to get but Ive heard that
    > a lot of them will cause system crashes etc
    >
    > Thanks

    Just make sure that you have the current coded installed for playing DIVX
    files, I believe they are up to 5.2.something now. Go to
    http://www.divx.com/ and download the new player, this will have all the
    latest codecs with it.

    Valverde
    Valverdez, Dec 6, 2004
  4. Buffy

    Barry OGrady Guest

    Barry OGrady, Dec 7, 2004
  5. Buffy

    gangle Guest

    "Buffy" wrote
    > Hi I am currently unable to fast forward or rewind some downloaded
    > videos. I have a DivX player installed that I view them on but no
    > additional things installed. I am thinking that I need one of these
    > codec packs to enable me to fast forward etc. I've no idea what to get
    > but Ive heard that a lot of them will cause system crashes etc

    Don't use codec packs. You should install codecs, one at
    a time, only if/when needed. Use GSpot to tell you what codec
    was used to compress an avi file.
    http://www.headbands.com/gspot/
    gangle, Dec 7, 2004