    Which is the best exam to start with. I eventually plan to
    do my MCSD. Which is a good book on these exams. Would I
    be requiring more than one book for each exam

    Anita, Mar 4, 2004

  2. The most common answer to this question is, "Start with the one that covers
    the material you're most comfortable with." That's excellent advice. If
    you've been building web apps, start there. If you've been building windows
    apps, start there. I can't imagine starting with the XML exam (310 or 320),
    but I suppose if you've built remoting objects, com+ components, web
    services, server apps, and the like, you could start there. And so on.

    One thing to note is that ADO.NET is covered heavily on all of them. So,
    regardless of which test you intend to try first, draw a picture of the
    object model, take it to the nearest tatoo parlor, and have them go to work
    on your brain.

    (Sorry, I've been cramming for 310, and my brain's warped. I actually called
    one of my clients a disconnected recordset today. I know, I know, I should
    have just called her a dataset.)

    Brunswick Lowe, Mar 5, 2004

  3. sorry, the books...

    The stock answer to that question is MSDN. It's free. It's correct. It's not
    always easy to find what you're looking for, so, as I always do, I recommend
    www.codeclinic.com

    If you have trouble understanding a topic, it's always best to sit down and
    try to make it work on your own. For 310, I've taken three classes. I
    learned more by building my own web service than I did in the web services
    class. Get your hands dirty. Make the choice early to avoid short cuts.

    Brunswick Lowe, Mar 5, 2004