Could someone help price my system?

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by ragamoffyn@gmail.com, Sep 9, 2007.

  1. Guest

    Hi, all. I'm going to be selling the system below, and I wanted to get
    some opinions on how much it might be worth. It's maybe 4 years old,
    with all the original stuff.

    Dell Dimension XPS Gen 2
    dual Pentium 4 3.20 GHz processors
    1 Gb memory
    500 Gb storage
    dual Radeon 9800 XT 256Mb video cards
    Creative Audigy Audio Processor w/ optical jack
    Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

    I'll include one of the monitors below (probably the 17"), and
    possibly the speaker system, but those are all easier to price than
    the computer.

    Samsung SyncMaster CX195T 17" analog monitor
    or
    Dell 2001FP 19" digital monitor

    Logitech Z-680 5.1 channel speaker system
    THX-certified, built-in Dolby Digital and DTS encoding
    connect 4 audio sources at once (e.g., PC, game system, DVD, TV)
    505 watts RMS bass
    http://sysdoc.doors.ch/LOGITECH/z680.pdf
    http://reviews.cnet.com/pc-speakers/logitech-z-680/4507-3179_7-20720043.html

    Any thoughts?

    Thanks in advance!
    Mike

    , Sep 9, 2007

  2. Tee Jay Guest

    wrote:
    > Hi, all. I'm going to be selling the system below, and I wanted to get
    > some opinions on how much it might be worth. It's maybe 4 years old,
    > with all the original stuff.
    >
    > Dell Dimension XPS Gen 2
    > dual Pentium 4 3.20 GHz processors
    > 1 Gb memory
    > 500 Gb storage
    > dual Radeon 9800 XT 256Mb video cards
    > Creative Audigy Audio Processor w/ optical jack
    > Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
    >
    > I'll include one of the monitors below (probably the 17"), and
    > possibly the speaker system, but those are all easier to price than
    > the computer.
    >
    > Samsung SyncMaster CX195T 17" analog monitor
    > or
    > Dell 2001FP 19" digital monitor
    >
    > Logitech Z-680 5.1 channel speaker system
    > THX-certified, built-in Dolby Digital and DTS encoding
    > connect 4 audio sources at once (e.g., PC, game system, DVD, TV)
    > 505 watts RMS bass
    > http://sysdoc.doors.ch/LOGITECH/z680.pdf
    > http://reviews.cnet.com/pc-speakers/logitech-z-680/4507-3179_7-20720043.html
    >
    > Any thoughts?
    >
    > Thanks in advance!
    > Mike

    $600
    Used computers don't have a good premium price. If someone is buying all
    that computer goodness they either want their own new build or they want
    to scalp you on the price. What is it worth? $1200 or thereabouts but
    what can you expect for it?
    If someone wanted a screamer like that they would build their own. It is
    like a used muscle car. It is worth more to the original buyer than to
    the public at large.
    Just an Opinion
    Tee Jay

    Tee Jay, Sep 9, 2007

  3. Guest

    On Sep 9, 7:22 am, Tee Jay <> wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Hi, all. I'm going to be selling the system below, and I wanted to get
    > > some opinions on how much it might be worth. It's maybe 4 years old,
    > > with all the original stuff.

    > > Dell Dimension XPS Gen 2
    > > dual Pentium 4 3.20 GHz processors
    > > 1 Gb memory
    > > 500 Gb storage
    > > dual Radeon 9800 XT 256Mb video cards
    > > Creative Audigy Audio Processor w/ optical jack
    > > Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

    > > I'll include one of the monitors below (probably the 17"), and
    > > possibly the speaker system, but those are all easier to price than
    > > the computer.

    > > Samsung SyncMaster CX195T 17" analog monitor
    > > or
    > > Dell 2001FP 19" digital monitor

    > > Logitech Z-680 5.1 channel speaker system
    > > THX-certified, built-in Dolby Digital and DTS encoding
    > > connect 4 audio sources at once (e.g., PC, game system, DVD, TV)
    > > 505 watts RMS bass
    > > http://sysdoc.doors.ch/LOGITECH/z680.pdf
    > > http://reviews.cnet.com/pc-speakers/logitech-z-680/4507-3179_7-207200...

    > > Any thoughts?

    > > Thanks in advance!
    > > Mike

    > $600
    > Used computers don't have a good premium price. If someone is buying all
    > that computer goodness they either want their own new build or they want
    > to scalp you on the price. What is it worth? $1200 or thereabouts but
    > what can you expect for it?
    > If someone wanted a screamer like that they would build their own. It is
    > like a used muscle car. It is worth more to the original buyer than to
    > the public at large.
    > Just an Opinion
    > Tee Jay

    Unfortunate, but it makes sense. Thanks.

    , Sep 9, 2007
  4. <> wrote in message
    > On Sep 9, 7:22 am, Tee Jay <> wrote:
    >> wrote:
    >> > Hi, all. I'm going to be selling the system below, and I wanted to get
    >> > some opinions on how much it might be worth. It's maybe 4 years old,
    >> > with all the original stuff.

    >> > Dell Dimension XPS Gen 2
    >> > dual Pentium 4 3.20 GHz processors
    >> > 1 Gb memory
    >> > 500 Gb storage
    >> > dual Radeon 9800 XT 256Mb video cards
    >> > Creative Audigy Audio Processor w/ optical jack
    >> > Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

    >> > I'll include one of the monitors below (probably the 17"), and
    >> > possibly the speaker system, but those are all easier to price than
    >> > the computer.

    >> > Samsung SyncMaster CX195T 17" analog monitor
    >> > or
    >> > Dell 2001FP 19" digital monitor

    >> > Logitech Z-680 5.1 channel speaker system
    >> > THX-certified, built-in Dolby Digital and DTS encoding
    >> > connect 4 audio sources at once (e.g., PC, game system, DVD, TV)
    >> > 505 watts RMS bass
    >> > http://sysdoc.doors.ch/LOGITECH/z680.pdf
    >> >
    >> > http://reviews.cnet.com/pc-speakers/logitech-z-680/4507-3179_7-207200...

    >> > Any thoughts?

    >> > Thanks in advance!
    >> > Mike

    >> $600
    >> Used computers don't have a good premium price. If someone is buying all
    >> that computer goodness they either want their own new build or they want
    >> to scalp you on the price. What is it worth? $1200 or thereabouts but
    >> what can you expect for it?
    >> If someone wanted a screamer like that they would build their own. It is
    >> like a used muscle car. It is worth more to the original buyer than to
    >> the public at large.
    >> Just an Opinion
    >> Tee Jay

    > Unfortunate, but it makes sense. Thanks.

    Sorry to burst your bubble, but I would suggest that anything that is 4
    years old has no value to anybody but the original owner.

    The sad reality is that a Duo Core machine with more RAM and a 19" Wide
    Screen can be had for $600, give or take. The muscle car analogy is a good
    one, sorta. I think the muscle car will attract a future owner if the
    current or past owner(s) have taken care of it and/or implemented the
    restoration well, but a 4-year old computer is simply past it's prime ...

    Jeff Strickland, Sep 9, 2007
  5. flambe Guest

    Cruel but true:
    I can buy a much faster computer for $1200 than what you have.
    That does not mean someone won't pay you what you want. People buy Apple
    hardware at prices that are generally more than twice what the equivalent
    hardware would cost from a Wintel vendor. Have you priced out the crap that
    is in a Mac mini and midlevel Macs?
    Caveat empty heads and wallets.
    Problems: CPU is slow compared to current Intel dual cores that are selling
    at firesale prices. They're prectcially giving DDR2 RAM away also.
    BIOS that supports ATI crossfire is slow.
    Video cards: what gamer would want dual ATI 9600s? Museum pieces.
    Dell has limited upgradeability due to proprietary power supply and mobo
    connectors.
    To be honest: $300 without the monitor.
    The monitor and the 500gb hard drive are probably worth more than anything
    else.

    flambe, Sep 10, 2007
  6. Guest

    Well, that blows. Perhaps I'll donate the computer -- maybe I can get
    more than $300 for it in tax breaks...

    Thanks for the info.

    , Sep 11, 2007