Could someone help me please!

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by _gerb, Sep 16, 2003.

  1. _gerb

    _gerb Guest

    Hi, I hope somebody could help me with this problem.

    1gb processor
    256 memory
    windows me (no, thats not the problem <g>)
    cordless keyboard & mouse (latest drivers installed)

    when double clicking the internet explorer icon on desktop and taskbar.
    nothing happens, I get the egg timer mouse cursor but the program does not
    fire up. I can only connect to the net through microsoft money. There is a
    shortcut key on the keyboard for web homepage, when pressing that I still
    get nothing.

    Could this problem be something to do with the keyboard? it worked fine for
    about 2 months then the problem started. Or could it be microsoft money?

    If anyone could suggest any ideas as to solve this problem, It would be
    great!!

    Thanks in anticiptation.

    Simon.

    _gerb, Sep 16, 2003

  2. _gerb

    Ghost Guest

    In article <bk8178$87t$>, "_gerb"
    <> wrote:

    > Hi, I hope somebody could help me with this problem.
    >
    > 1gb processor
    > 256 memory
    > windows me (no, thats not the problem <g>)
    > cordless keyboard & mouse (latest drivers installed)
    >

    > when double clicking the internet explorer icon on desktop and taskbar.
    > nothing happens, I get the egg timer mouse cursor but the program does not
    > fire up. I can only connect to the net through microsoft money. There is a
    > shortcut key on the keyboard for web homepage, when pressing that I still
    > get nothing.
    >
    > Could this problem be something to do with the keyboard? it worked fine for
    > about 2 months then the problem started. Or could it be microsoft money?
    >
    > If anyone could suggest any ideas as to solve this problem, It would be
    > great!!
    >
    > Thanks in anticiptation.
    >
    > Simon.

    Dude.. there are so many possible causes... check for viruses with a GOOD
    antivirus program...

    Ghost, Sep 16, 2003

  3. "_gerb" <> wrote in

    > Hi, I hope somebody could help me with this problem.
    >
    > 1gb processor
    > 256 memory
    > windows me (no, thats not the problem <g>)
    > cordless keyboard & mouse (latest drivers installed)
    >

    > when double clicking the internet explorer icon on desktop and
    > taskbar. nothing happens, I get the egg timer mouse cursor but the
    > program does not fire up. I can only connect to the net through
    > microsoft money. There is a shortcut key on the keyboard for web
    > homepage, when pressing that I still get nothing.
    >
    > Could this problem be something to do with the keyboard? it worked
    > fine for about 2 months then the problem started. Or could it be
    > microsoft money?
    >
    > If anyone could suggest any ideas as to solve this problem, It would
    > be great!!
    >
    > Thanks in anticiptation.
    >
    > Simon.

    A file connected with IE got zotsed. Reinstalling IE will fix your
    problem. (Backup your bookmarks thought...)

    Joel

    Joel Whitburn, Jr., Sep 17, 2003
  4. _gerb

    _gerb Guest

    Thanks for the input guys, I'll let you know how I get on.

    _gerb, Sep 17, 2003