    and tell me how to fix the problem? I'm using Outlook Express as my
    newsreader. Thanks in advance.
    Pam

    Pam, Feb 25, 2004

  2. Pam

    Emrys Davies Guest

    'Pam',

    This site deals with a problem which appears similar to yours. I hope
    it helps. If not post back.

    http://dbforums.com/arch/130/2002/3/333892

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    " Pam" <> wrote in message
    > I tried to send a reply to a post, and it would not go through. This

    is the
    > message I got each time I clicked "send": "Outlook Express could not

    post
    > your message. Subject 'Re: Is there a good free firewall?', Account:
    > 'News.Individual.Net', Server: 'news.individual.net', Protocol: NNTP,

    Server
    > Response: '441 From: address contains invalid domain part
    > ()', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server

    Error:

    Emrys Davies, Feb 25, 2004

  3. Pam

    Flying Rat Guest

    Pam said this...
    > I tried to send a reply to a post, and it would not go through. This is the
    > message I got each time I clicked "send": "Outlook Express could not post
    > your message. Subject 'Re: Is there a good free firewall?', Account:
    > 'News.Individual.Net', Server: 'news.individual.net', Protocol: NNTP, Server
    > Response: '441 From: address contains invalid domain part
    > ()', Port: 119, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error:
    > 441, Error Number: 0x800CCCA9"
    > Can anyone explain this for me
    > and tell me how to fix the problem? I'm using Outlook Express as my
    > newsreader. Thanks in advance.
    > Pam

    news.individual.net will not accept your post as you have tried to post
    it with an invalid email address. It will not accept spamtrapped
    addresses such as the one you have tried to use with that post, as
    checking it against a list of valid domains fails.

    For a workround, you can use one of the privacy.net addresses which are
    acceptable as privacy.net is a real domain.

    Try using or where X is a number from 0
    to 9

    Otherwise obtain an address which is genuine and you won't need to use
    apart from as a spamtrap, such as hotmail. The privacy.net option is
    better and also free.

    FR

    --
    I thought that I heard you laughing

    www.flyingrat.net

    Flying Rat, Feb 25, 2004
  4. Pam

    Emrys Davies Guest

    'Pam',

    If the other site does not work try this one, which has a similar
    remedy.

    http://tinyurl.com/2jeo

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Feb 25, 2004
  5. Pam

    Pam Guest

    Thanks so much to both of you. I could not find the folder outbox.dbx, but
    I did change the email address, and my latest reply made it through.
    I appreciate the help.
    Pam

    Pam, Feb 25, 2004
  6. Pam

    Emrys Davies Guest

    'Pam',

    Just in case you need to find outbox.dbx in the future:

    Start > Find > Files or Folders > At 'Lookin' select c:\ > In 'Named'
    type: outbox.dbx > c. 'Find Now'

    Having found the folder r.c. on it and modify it to your requirements.

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    Emrys Davies, Feb 25, 2004
  7. Pam

    Pam Guest

    Thanks so much for the help. I think I've got it all straightened out now.
    Pam

    Pam, Feb 25, 2004