    2) When I try to repair this, it asks for a file "proplus.msi" from the
    office disk. I put the disk in, and it can't find the file on the disk??

    Cory

    Cory Lechner, Apr 13, 2004

  2. Cory Lechner

    Plato Guest

    Cory Lechner wrote:

    > 1) I had to re-install Microsoft Office XP on my PC. When I look in the
    > Add/Remove programs box, it says that I have "Microsoft Office XP
    > Professional" and "Microsoft Office XP Professional with Frontpage" both
    > installed? Is it possible that I have Office installed twice, taking up
    > unnecessary disk space? If this is possible, how do I fix this?

    Possible. Uninstall the one you dont want.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Apr 13, 2004

  3. Cory Lechner

    Thor Guest

    It means you re-installed with a version of MS OfficeXP suite that is
    different from the suite that was originally installed. One of the two
    versions evidently included Frontpage in the bundle, and the other does not.
    While you aren't likely using up double the space (assuming you took the
    default install locations), you do often end up with conflicting install
    info which can cause trouble sometimes where you want to add a feature that
    wasn't installed, or repair an install, and then you get the error you
    described. It's looking for the msi file from the other installation, which
    was probably overwritten by the new one. You should uninstall BOTH versions
    listed in the add/remove programs list, then reinstall with your preferred
    CD.

    Thor, Apr 13, 2004