Could flash memory replace DVD/Hard Drives if this pans out?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by RichA, Dec 3, 2012.

  1. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <ka02dt$d80$>, Mayayana
    <> wrote:

    > | > Interesting. I just tried loading a youtube video
    > | > while pretending to be an iPad.
    > |
    > | How do you pretend to be an iPad?
    >
    > The userAgent string that tells a website what the OS
    > and browser is. Most browsers provide the ability to
    > override the userAgent, which is sometimes handy.
    > By using a typical iPad userAgent I can get a website
    > to respond as they would to an iPad.

    changing the user agent is not necessarily what you need to do to get
    non-flash.

    most sites look to see if you can run flash at all, and if you can,
    then it sends flash. the user agent doesn't matter.

    if you can't run flash, then it sends non-flash content.

    in other words, your attempt to fool it didn't work.

    > | ...and then there is this to consider.
    > | You do know that there is an app for that?
    > | < https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/youtube/id544007664?mt=8 >
    >
    > You mean the iPad can't show youtube video until
    > it has a special app?

    of course it can, however a dedicated app can offer a much better user
    experience than a browser.

    > Perhaps some sort of QuickTime
    > extension? Whatever it is, youtube is going to great
    > lengths to hide their operation.

    no they aren't.

    nospam, Dec 8, 2012

  2. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Alfred
    Molon <> wrote:

    > There are people who display their photos on their websites as flash
    > instead of jpeg, probably because this makes grabbing the images more
    > complicated.

    no it doesn't. if it can be displayed on a computer it can be saved.

    worst case, take a screen shot.

    nospam, Dec 8, 2012

  3. RichA

    Mayayana Guest

    Sorry, Out of order post. My usenet host limits the
    number of Re's it will support in one subthread

    "nospam" <> wrote in message
    | In article <k9vm2e$vg4$>, Mayayana
    | <> wrote:
    |
    | > | The problem with HTML5 is poor browser support. Different browsers
    | > | supporting different, very limited HTML5 featuresets. No point adding
    | > | HTML5 elements to web pages right now,
    | >
    | > I was wondering about that. I see only Flash
    | > code at YouTube.
    |
    | as i said you're doing something wrong.

    No, silly. I'm not doing anything wrong. I'm just
    visiting youtube using a browser on Windows. In
    that scenario youtube sends a webpage that displays
    the video as an FLV file, using Flash to handle the
    streaming. That's what I was trying to explain. Flash
    is still the standard, even though i may not be on
    some (or all?) tablets.

    | > Yet nospam claims he's getting
    | > HTML 5 VIDEO tags.
    |
    | i claimed no such thing.

    You said that websites are using HTML 5 and therefore
    don't need Flash anymore. The HTML 5 method of show
    video if the VIDEO tag, but I've yet to see that used. It's
    true that sites are *technically* using HTML 5, but you
    won't find much, if any, actual HTML 5 code in the pages.
    It's not widely enough supported yet. The confusion comes
    in because HTML 5 has been widely used as a valorizing
    term for overused AJAX.

    | i also said that the first iphone in 2007 played youtube and that
    | worked because youtube sends an h.264 stream to ios devices, which is
    | handled in hardware.
    |
    | > If that's true then maybe
    | > they're serving a different page for Apple tablets.
    |
    | they serve non-flash to devices that do not have flash installed. it's
    | that simple. it has nothing to do with apple.
    |
    | maybe something on your system is reporting you have flash, so it sends
    | you flash.

    Actually it does have something to do with Apple,
    though I don't know what, specifically. A website
    like youtube sends pages based on the browser and
    OS. I don't have Flash, as I said in two earlier posts.
    But they don't know that. They just see that I'm on a
    Windows PC so they send their standard Flash-based
    page, with the assumption that I either have Flash
    or will install it to see the video. The webpage they send
    is technically HTML 5, but that's neither here nor
    there. There's little if any HTML 5-specific code in
    it.

    It may be that iPads use QuickTime or some such for
    video. (It's not "handled in hardware". Some kind of
    software has to decode the stream.) Any tablet not using
    Flash has to make other arrangements. I don't know
    anything about the details of that -- whether youtube
    is sending Flash for computers and maybe QuickTime
    for tablets, or whether perhaps the landscape is more
    complex than that.

    For myself, I don't use tablets and I use DownloadHelper
    with script disabled to download youtube videos. Then I
    play them in VLC Media Player. (And actually I don't even do
    tha very often. I don't go online to watch TV or see video
    of toilet-trained cats.) So I have no occasion to deal with
    streaming media. It's blocked from all the sites
    I visit because I disable script and don't have Flash installed.

    I'm guessing that one probably can't even control cookie
    settings or see the HTML source code on a tablet, but I've
    never had occasion to explore that.

    I'm certainly not surprised that major sites have arranged
    to make sure that video works on tablets and phones. If
    you're on a PC you might be writing letters or editing
    photos. If you're on a tablet or phone you're almost certainly
    in "consumer" mode. They want to cash in on that. But,
    again, that has no bearing on how long Flash will last, and
    it has no direct connection to so-called HTML 5.

    | > In any
    | > case, I can't see any of these sites (like network
    | > news, ComedyCentral, YouTube, etc.) switching
    | > to something like an HTML 5 VIDEO tag if they
    | > can't hide the source URL of the video. They all go
    | > to great lengths to prevent people getting a copy
    | > of video because it would allow people to see less
    | > ads and return to the site less often. Worse, perhaps,
    | > for them is that people would understand that the
    | > video is a file and not a broadcast.
    |
    | i don't know what you're doing but it's easy to get the source and the
    | video file itself.

    Without playing the video? I find that DownloadHelper
    works on youtube, but not on Vimeo, ComedyCentral, or
    anyplace else I've seen. (Even youtube apparently tries
    to break downloadhelper periodically and it has to be
    updated.) The source code of the pages at those sites does
    not show the source URL of the video. Usually it shows
    the path to an SWF file, which then handles the streaming.
    On Vimeo the link is to a number that seems to link to
    a back-end database. So they know what to stream to
    the player, but they don't have to expose the path of the
    actual file.
    If you can tell me how to easily get the actual videos on
    those sites, without streaming the video or enabling script,
    then... well.... I'll try not to criticize your pronouncements
    quite so much. :)

    Mayayana, Dec 8, 2012
  4. RichA

    Mayayana Guest

    said:

    | You must have missed me saying that I have no trouble viewing Youtube
    | in Safari or Chrome on my iPad or iPhone, just below my question, "How
    | do you pretend to be an iPad?".
    |
    | "I just use Safari and stuff loads just fine, but note the URL for this
    video:
    | < m.youtube.com/watch?feature=m-feedu&v=hhPGCXXa1Mc >"

    That doesn't work for me. On Windows the Real Time Protocol
    rtsp:// is not recognized. I'm guessing that Safari has a QuickTime
    plugin that handles it. (Another proprietary player the world
    could do without.)

    But I wasn't trying to see the video in posing as an iPad.
    I was just curious to see how youtube would code the
    video in the webpage, and whether they might use an
    HTML 5 VIDEO tag with an exposed video URL.

    | The Youtube App just gives the user a far cleaner interface than a
    browser.

    I see. A dedicated player program.

    Mayayana, Dec 8, 2012
  5. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Alfred
    Molon <> wrote:

    > > I see only Flash
    > > code at YouTube. Yet nospam claims he's getting
    > > HTML 5 VIDEO tags.

    > Some video sites serve .mp4 videos instead of flash if you access them
    > with a mobile device, even if the mobile device supports flash.

    more accurately, websites serve mp4 or h.264 if you access it from a
    device that doesn't support flash. that's frequently mobile, but it can
    also be a desktop system.

    > By the way I don't use Apple devices for a number of reasons (they are
    > more expensive,

    not for same specs they aren't. if you match specs, prices are similar.
    the only difference is apple doesn't bother with bottom tier products.

    > you can't replace the battery,

    yes you can, it just requires a screwdriver. big deal.

    most people will replace the device well before the battery wears out
    so it doesn't matter that you need a screwdriver.

    meanwhile, the device is thinner, lighter, more reliable and has longer
    battery life, something that the user benefits from every day.

    > no USB port,

    wrong. not only is there a usb port but it comes with a usb cable in
    the box!

    > no microSD
    > slot).

    a lot of products don't have micro sd slots, including the flagship
    android phone, the galaxy nexus, and the nexus 7 tablet.

    users don't want to deal with swapping cards, and for the devices that
    do have microsd slots, most people put in one card and leave it there.
    might as well just have the memory internal in the first place.

    nospam, Dec 8, 2012
  6. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <ka04dr$pem$>, Mayayana
    <> wrote:

    > | > I was wondering about that. I see only Flash
    > | > code at YouTube.
    > |
    > | as i said you're doing something wrong.
    >
    > No, silly. I'm not doing anything wrong. I'm just
    > visiting youtube using a browser on Windows. In
    > that scenario youtube sends a webpage that displays
    > the video as an FLV file, using Flash to handle the
    > streaming. That's what I was trying to explain. Flash
    > is still the standard, even though i may not be on
    > some (or all?) tablets.

    you are trying to fool it into thinking it's an ipad to get a non-flash
    stream and it failed, so yes you are doing something wrong.

    you need to do more than spoof the user agent.

    > | > Yet nospam claims he's getting
    > | > HTML 5 VIDEO tags.
    > |
    > | i claimed no such thing.
    > |
    > You said that websites are using HTML 5 and therefore
    > don't need Flash anymore. The HTML 5 method of show
    > video if the VIDEO tag, but I've yet to see that used. It's
    > true that sites are *technically* using HTML 5, but you
    > won't find much, if any, actual HTML 5 code in the pages.
    > It's not widely enough supported yet. The confusion comes
    > in because HTML 5 has been widely used as a valorizing
    > term for overused AJAX.

    most websites support non-flash. they have to, if they want visitors.

    the sites you checked probably defaulted to flash unless it knows you
    really can't use flash, which as above, you haven't spoofed it
    properly.

    > | i also said that the first iphone in 2007 played youtube and that
    > | worked because youtube sends an h.264 stream to ios devices, which is
    > | handled in hardware.
    > |
    > | > If that's true then maybe
    > | > they're serving a different page for Apple tablets.
    > |
    > | they serve non-flash to devices that do not have flash installed. it's
    > | that simple. it has nothing to do with apple.
    > |
    > | maybe something on your system is reporting you have flash, so it sends
    > | you flash.
    >
    > Actually it does have something to do with Apple,
    > though I don't know what, specifically.

    in other words, your desire to bash apple is overwhelming, even though
    you can't figure out what it is they're doing wrong.

    wow.

    > A website
    > like youtube sends pages based on the browser and
    > OS. I don't have Flash, as I said in two earlier posts.
    > But they don't know that. They just see that I'm on a
    > Windows PC so they send their standard Flash-based
    > page, with the assumption that I either have Flash
    > or will install it to see the video. The webpage they send
    > is technically HTML 5, but that's neither here nor
    > there. There's little if any HTML 5-specific code in
    > it.

    that's where you are wrong. they can tell if you can use flash and if
    you can, you get flash.

    changing just the user agent is insufficient.

    > It may be that iPads use QuickTime or some such for
    > video. (It's not "handled in hardware". Some kind of
    > software has to decode the stream.)

    wrong. ios devices have hardware decoding for h.264, maybe other
    formats too.

    > Any tablet not using
    > Flash has to make other arrangements.

    no, the websites do, and most already have done so.

    > I don't know
    > anything about the details of that -- whether youtube
    > is sending Flash for computers and maybe QuickTime
    > for tablets, or whether perhaps the landscape is more
    > complex than that.

    if you don't know, then stop guessing.

    > For myself, I don't use tablets and I use DownloadHelper
    > with script disabled to download youtube videos. Then I
    > play them in VLC Media Player. (And actually I don't even do
    > tha very often. I don't go online to watch TV or see video
    > of toilet-trained cats.) So I have no occasion to deal with
    > streaming media. It's blocked from all the sites
    > I visit because I disable script and don't have Flash installed.

    you sure like making more work for yourself, and there's a *lot* more
    than cat videos on youtube.

    > I'm guessing that one probably can't even control cookie
    > settings or see the HTML source code on a tablet, but I've
    > never had occasion to explore that.

    once again, you guess wrong.

    you can control cookies, block ads, view html and even edit it on a
    tablet.

    you're talking out your ass about stuff you have *no* experience in.

    > I'm certainly not surprised that major sites have arranged
    > to make sure that video works on tablets and phones. If
    > you're on a PC you might be writing letters or editing
    > photos. If you're on a tablet or phone you're almost certainly
    > in "consumer" mode.

    wrong again.

    although tablets are more tuned to consuming than creating (which is
    not a bad thing), but there's nothing that prevents someone from
    creating content. a lot of people create on tablets, including walt
    mossberg, who writes for the wall street journal.

    > They want to cash in on that. But,
    > again, that has no bearing on how long Flash will last, and
    > it has no direct connection to so-called HTML 5.

    the reality is flash is on its way out.

    > | > In any
    > | > case, I can't see any of these sites (like network
    > | > news, ComedyCentral, YouTube, etc.) switching
    > | > to something like an HTML 5 VIDEO tag if they
    > | > can't hide the source URL of the video. They all go
    > | > to great lengths to prevent people getting a copy
    > | > of video because it would allow people to see less
    > | > ads and return to the site less often. Worse, perhaps,
    > | > for them is that people would understand that the
    > | > video is a file and not a broadcast.
    > |
    > | i don't know what you're doing but it's easy to get the source and the
    > | video file itself.
    >
    > Without playing the video?

    sure. there are a number of ways to download a video directly. some
    apps take a youtube url and give you a video file in the format of your
    choosing.

    nospam, Dec 8, 2012
  7. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <ka0558$tnl$>, Mayayana
    <> wrote:

    > | You must have missed me saying that I have no trouble viewing Youtube
    > | in Safari or Chrome on my iPad or iPhone, just below my question, "How
    > | do you pretend to be an iPad?".
    > |
    > | "I just use Safari and stuff loads just fine, but note the URL for this
    > video:
    > | < m.youtube.com/watch?feature=m-feedu&v=hhPGCXXa1Mc >"
    > |

    > That doesn't work for me. On Windows the Real Time Protocol
    > rtsp:// is not recognized. I'm guessing that Safari has a QuickTime
    > plugin that handles it. (Another proprietary player the world
    > could do without.)

    guessing wrong once again.

    also, quicktime is a technology, not a player, and a technology that's
    fairly open. anyone can write codecs for it, but when have facts
    mattered to you.

    > But I wasn't trying to see the video in posing as an iPad.
    > I was just curious to see how youtube would code the
    > video in the webpage, and whether they might use an
    > HTML 5 VIDEO tag with an exposed video URL.

    you didn't spoof it properly, so your test failed.

    > | The Youtube App just gives the user a far cleaner interface than a
    > browser.
    >
    > I see. A dedicated player program.

    there's nothing wrong with dedicated apps. your desktop computer is
    full of them.

    nospam, Dec 8, 2012
  8. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <2012120811564577923-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,

    > > For myself, I don't use tablets

    > Now that might explain something.

    it explains everything. he's talking out his ass.

    nospam, Dec 8, 2012
  9. RichA

    Mayayana Guest

    | > | "I just use Safari and stuff loads just fine, but note the URL for
    this
    | > video:
    | > | < m.youtube.com/watch?feature=m-feedu&v=hhPGCXXa1Mc >"
    | > |

    | > That doesn't work for me.
    |
    | Of course not. That is a mobile device URL, I did say to note the
    | difference. This will get you to the same Youtube video as in the
    | "m.youtube.com" video above.
    | < http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=m-feedu&v=hhPGCXXa1Mc >

    I see. Sorry. But your link still sends me to a
    page with Flash. I can use DownloadHelper to
    get the video, but the URL path to the FLV file
    is severly obfuscated. It's not in the page code.

    | > On Windows the Real Time Protocol
    | > rtsp:// is not recognized. I'm guessing that Safari has a QuickTime
    | > plugin that handles it. (Another proprietary player the world
    | > could do without.)
    |
    | Nope! it works just fine on Safari, Chrome and Opera with no plugins
    added.

    Yes, but it's probably using Apple's QuickTime.
    Something has to play the videos. Even with
    HTML 5 there has to be some kind of plugin
    for the video to play. It's not a native browser
    function. In other words, it's likely that Opera on
    Windows uses Flash but that Opera on Mac may
    use QuickTime or some other plugin. If you look
    up rtsp protocol and look at the servers and clients
    list you'll see what I mean. I would need to install
    some kind of supported plugin for rtsp protocol to
    even make any sense on Windows.

    Mayayana, Dec 8, 2012
  10. RichA

    Mayayana Guest

    | > I'm guessing that one probably can't even control cookie
    | > settings or see the HTML source code on a tablet, but I've
    | > never had occasion to explore that.
    |
    | ...but you are not using a tablet, you are just pretending to be a tablet.

    I'm not even pretending. But I'm curious. Can
    you set cookie options, disable script, and
    browser?

    Mayayana, Dec 8, 2012
  11. David Taylor <> wrote:

    >On 08/12/2012 11:57, nospam wrote:
    >[]
    >> releasing a new itunes update is not forcing anyone to work its way any
    >> more than releasing a new update for any other app.
    >>
    >> microsoft forces you to work their way with internet explorer, office,
    >> etc.

    >Whilst I don't agree with you about the Microsoft products (they seem
    >much more customisable to me), at least there are many alternatives to
    >Internet Explorer and Office you can use instead. With iTunes - no
    >alternative - you are stuck with what Apple chooses to provide.

    It's not quite that bad, David. I have Google Chrome and Mozilla
    Firefox browsers on my Macs in addition to the standard Safari. I
    also use Open Office on Macs (as well as PCs) rather than the
    Microsoft version. All these are working under MacOS X 10.7.

    Going back in history, Microsoft Office's most important constituent
    applications were developed for Macs before they were available on
    PCs. Excel and Word were MacOS-only applications to start with.

    Anthony Polson, Dec 8, 2012
  12. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <ka0bn6$762$>, Mayayana
    <> wrote:

    > But I'm curious. Can
    > you set cookie options, disable script, and
    > browser?

    of course!

    you have this misguided notion that tablets are somehow crippled. they
    aren't. they're just a whole lot more portable.

    however, it does depend on the browser. there are *many* browsers
    available, each with a different mix of features and user interface.
    some offer more control than others. not everyone cares about that
    stuff, so not all browsers offer it.

    i use a browser that has built-in ad blocking and extensive cookie
    control. it also has the ability to block images, which can be useful
    when trying to minimize bandwidth usage. there is even a download
    manager for downloading pages or files.

    i don't care about viewing source code but that's trivial to implement.

    nospam, Dec 8, 2012
  13. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Anthony Polson
    <> wrote:

    > Going back in history, Microsoft Office's most important constituent
    > applications were developed for Macs before they were available on
    > PCs. Excel and Word were MacOS-only applications to start with.

    actually, microsoft word ran on dos, before the mac came out and used a
    mouse too.

    word was then ported to the mac. excel was a brand new app for the mac.

    word and excel were later ported to windows.

    nospam, Dec 8, 2012
  14. RichA

    Mayayana Guest

    | > No, silly. I'm not doing anything wrong. I'm just
    | > visiting youtube using a browser on Windows. In
    | > that scenario youtube sends a webpage that displays
    | > the video as an FLV file, using Flash to handle the
    | > streaming. That's what I was trying to explain. Flash
    | > is still the standard, even though i may not be on
    | > some (or all?) tablets.
    |
    | you are trying to fool it into thinking it's an ipad to get a non-flash
    | stream and it failed, so yes you are doing something wrong.

    You repeatedly misunderstand. It did not fail.
    I got a non-flash page, complete with code for
    an Apple favicon. My intention was never to get
    a video displayed. I knew that wouldn't work. I
    just wanted to see what the code of the webpage
    would be that's sent to an iPad, out of curiosity,
    to see whether I could tell how youtube is doing
    it and whether they're using the new VIDEO tag
    when they send a page to iPads.

    Do you understand that websites like youtube
    send different webpage code to different
    browsers/OSs? Since you were talking about HTML
    5 but didn't know how the video delivery actually worked
    on iPads, I decided to check for myself. As it turned
    out, I couldn't tell very much -- not because the
    spoof failed but because nearly the entire page sent
    by youtube was composed of obfuscated javascript.
    Since I didn't want to enable javascript at youtube
    my experiment ended there.

    | > | i don't know what you're doing but it's easy to get the source and the
    | > | video file itself.
    | >
    | > Without playing the video? I find that DownloadHelper
    | > works on youtube, but not on Vimeo, ComedyCentral, or
    | > anyplace else I've seen.
    |
    | sure. there are a number of ways to download a video directly. some
    | apps take a youtube url and give you a video file in the format of your
    | choosing.

    So you don't know how to get videos from other
    sites.

    Mayayana, Dec 8, 2012
  15. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <ka0d57$g5v$>, Mayayana
    <> wrote:

    > | > No, silly. I'm not doing anything wrong. I'm just
    > | > visiting youtube using a browser on Windows. In
    > | > that scenario youtube sends a webpage that displays
    > | > the video as an FLV file, using Flash to handle the
    > | > streaming. That's what I was trying to explain. Flash
    > | > is still the standard, even though i may not be on
    > | > some (or all?) tablets.
    > |
    > | you are trying to fool it into thinking it's an ipad to get a non-flash
    > | stream and it failed, so yes you are doing something wrong.
    >
    > You repeatedly misunderstand. It did not fail.
    > I got a non-flash page, complete with code for
    > an Apple favicon.

    you said you got an flv file, now you say you get a non-flash page.
    which is it?

    > My intention was never to get
    > a video displayed. I knew that wouldn't work. I
    > just wanted to see what the code of the webpage
    > would be that's sent to an iPad, out of curiosity,
    > to see whether I could tell how youtube is doing
    > it and whether they're using the new VIDEO tag
    > when they send a page to iPads.

    why does it matter? youtube works on ipads, iphones and ipod touches.
    it has worked since the very first iphone in 2007, over five years ago.

    youtube supports html5 but apparently whatever you're doing doesn't
    cause it to send that.

    visiting youtube in a browser on an ipad or iphone brings up the
    youtube mobile site, which is actually better than apple's old youtube
    app that they just discontinued, now replaced by google's youtube app.

    > Do you understand that websites like youtube
    > send different webpage code to different
    > browsers/OSs?

    that's exactly the point.

    you're attempt to fake it out didn't work.

    > Since you were talking about HTML
    > 5 but didn't know how the video delivery actually worked
    > on iPads, I decided to check for myself. As it turned
    > out, I couldn't tell very much -- not because the
    > spoof failed but because nearly the entire page sent
    > by youtube was composed of obfuscated javascript.
    > Since I didn't want to enable javascript at youtube
    > my experiment ended there.

    in other words, you didn't do a proper test.

    nospam, Dec 8, 2012
  16. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <2012120814024884492-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>,

    > > I'm not even pretending. But I'm curious. Can
    > > you set cookie options, disable script, and
    > > browser?

    > On my iPad, for my browsers, I can select;
    > "search engine",
    > "autofill on/off",
    > Set actions for tabs,
    > "private browsing on/off",
    > Cookie options,"Never, From Visited, Always",
    > "Clear History",
    > "Clear cookies & Data",
    > "Fraud Warning on/off",
    > "Javascript on/off",
    > "Block Pop-ups on/off"
    > "Web Site Data" which only shows memory used
    > & "Debug Console on/off" for source code issues.

    that's safari. there are *many* other alternatives.

    nospam, Dec 8, 2012
  17. RichA

    Mayayana Guest

    | > I'm not even pretending. But I'm curious. Can
    | > you set cookie options, disable script, and
    | > browser?
    |
    | On my iPad, for my browsers, I can select;
    | "search engine",
    | "autofill on/off",
    | Set actions for tabs,
    | "private browsing on/off",
    | Cookie options,"Never, From Visited, Always",
    | "Clear History",
    | "Clear cookies & Data",
    | "Fraud Warning on/off",
    | "Javascript on/off",
    | "Block Pop-ups on/off"
    | "Web Site Data" which only shows memory used
    | & "Debug Console on/off" for source code issues.

    Thank you, both. That's interesting to know.

    Mayayana, Dec 8, 2012
  18. RichA

    Mayayana Guest

    | > You repeatedly misunderstand. It did not fail.
    | > I got a non-flash page, complete with code for
    | > an Apple favicon.
    |
    | you said you got an flv file, now you say you get a non-flash page.
    | which is it?

    I thought this was a fairly simple concept, but
    the discussion is going in circles so I think I'd
    best stop here. If you want to understand what
    I did I can only suggest that you reread my
    earlier explanations.

    Mayayana, Dec 8, 2012
  19. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <>, Alfred
    Molon <> wrote:

    > > Android is also dumping Flash.

    > What makes you think so?

    two reasons:

    android jelly bean and later no longer supports flash.
    adobe has ceased development on mobile flash.

    mobile flash is dead.

    nospam, Dec 8, 2012
  20. RichA

    nospam Guest

    In article <ka0drb$kun$>, Mayayana
    <> wrote:

    > I thought this was a fairly simple concept, but
    > the discussion is going in circles so I think I'd
    > best stop here. If you want to understand what
    > I did I can only suggest that you reread my
    > earlier explanations.

    i know what you did, and it isn't enough.

    nospam, Dec 8, 2012