    checked through all the epson and windows help tools, and looked up on an
    epson webpage but could not find anything. So if anyone could plz help i
    would realy appriciate it.
    fokker, Nov 2, 2003

  2. fokker

    Patrick Guest

    Thiere is no such printer as an Epson Stylus 550
    Thiere is an Epson LX550, which is a dot-matrix impact-printer

    Can you perhaps check the definition of the printer, and post back

    Patrick, Nov 2, 2003

  3. fokker

    fokker Guest

    "Patrick" <> wrote in news:%k7pb.848$382.574@newsfep4-
    winn.server.ntli.net:

    > Thiere is no such printer as an Epson Stylus 550
    > Thiere is an Epson LX550, which is a dot-matrix impact-printer
    >
    > Can you perhaps check the definition of the printer, and post back
    >
    > fokker wrote:
    >> I have just connected my old epson stylus couler 550 back up to my
    >> comp, but after installing the printer software and all of the
    >> drivers it will not print. The problem is that when i go to print it
    >> out, the file is ready to be spooled and then i get the error that
    >> the (file could not be found), so i click ok then the printer status
    >> program opens. And this says that the computer thinks the file is
    >> printing, but it wont finsh because it stops spooling the file right
    >> at the end->(128Kb/129Kb complete then pause)as if a part were
    >> missing, a thread or somthing, and nothing happens after this it just
    >> wont print. Im using win xp pro edition with Kingston 128 mb ram,
    >> T-BIRD motherboard with an epson stylus couler 550 via usb port. I
    >> have checked through all the epson and windows help tools, and looked
    >> up on an epson webpage but could not find anything. So if anyone
    >> could plz help i would realy appriciate it.

    Sorry about that, the printer has had the sticker removed. Its an epson
    stylus color 580.
    fokker, Nov 2, 2003
  4. fokker

    Patrick Guest

    fokker wrote:
    > "Patrick" <> wrote in
    > news:%k7pb.848$382.574@newsfep4- winn.server.ntli.net:
    >
    >> Thiere is no such printer as an Epson Stylus 550
    >> Thiere is an Epson LX550, which is a dot-matrix impact-printer
    >>
    >> Can you perhaps check the definition of the printer, and post back
    >>
    >> fokker wrote:
    >>> I have just connected my old epson stylus couler 550 back up to my
    >>> comp, but after installing the printer software and all of the
    >>> drivers it will not print. The problem is that when i go to print it
    >>> out, the file is ready to be spooled and then i get the error that
    >>> the (file could not be found), so i click ok then the printer status
    >>> program opens. And this says that the computer thinks the file is
    >>> printing, but it wont finsh because it stops spooling the file right
    >>> at the end->(128Kb/129Kb complete then pause)as if a part were
    >>> missing, a thread or somthing, and nothing happens after this it
    >>> just wont print. Im using win xp pro edition with Kingston 128 mb
    >>> ram, T-BIRD motherboard with an epson stylus couler 550 via usb
    >>> port. I have checked through all the epson and windows help tools,
    >>> and looked up on an epson webpage but could not find anything. So
    >>> if anyone could plz help i would realy appriciate it.

    > Sorry about that, the printer has had the sticker removed. Its an
    > epson stylus color 580.

    The point is, you must be using an XP (Win2000) driver for the printer?
    I'm sorry I have no other suggestion apart from above.

    An XP (Win2000) driver for said printer can be downloaded here;
    http://www.epson.co.uk/cgi-bin/searchdrivers_eul.cgi

    Thiere are two PDF (Adobe Acrobat Reader) documents available for download;
    http://www.epson.co.uk/support/manuals/pdf/Inkjet/Stylus_Color_580_Daily_Use.pdf

    and;
    http://www.epson.co.uk/support/manuals/pdf/Inkjet/Stylus_Color_580_Setup_Guide.pdf

    PS if you do not have 'Acrobat Reader' (for the PDF files) installed then it
    can be downloaded free from;
    Patrick, Nov 2, 2003
  5. fokker

    Patrick Guest

    Patrick wrote:
    > fokker wrote:
    >> "Patrick" <> wrote in
    >> news:%k7pb.848$382.574@newsfep4- winn.server.ntli.net:
    >>
    >>> Thiere is no such printer as an Epson Stylus 550
    >>> Thiere is an Epson LX550, which is a dot-matrix impact-printer
    >>>
    >>> Can you perhaps check the definition of the printer, and post back

    >> Sorry about that, the printer has had the sticker removed. Its an
    >> epson stylus color 580.

    > The point is, you must be using an XP (Win2000) driver for the
    > printer?
    > I'm sorry I have no other suggestion apart from above.
    >
    > An XP (Win2000) driver for said printer can be downloaded here;
    > http://www.epson.co.uk/cgi-bin/searchdrivers_eul.cgi

    Sorry, above link seems not to work, try this one and enter the parameters
    yourself;
    http://www.epson.co.uk/support/download/

    Patrick, Nov 2, 2003