    there was a REAL difference, with the 400 DPI
    (sadly) very noticeably better.
    Any similar experiences?

    Dave Patterson, Jul 20, 2004

  2. Dave Patterson

    Sam Grant Guest

    On Mon, 19 Jul 2004 16:01:45 -0700, Dave Patterson
    <> wrote:

    >I'm just joining this group - so some of this may
    >have already been covered. Here in the PHX area,
    >I have discovered that one Costco has a printer
    >with 400 DPI, others have 320 DPI. My point?
    >When I printed at both to make a comparison,
    >there was a REAL difference, with the 400 DPI
    >(sadly) very noticeably better.
    >Any similar experiences?

    Dave,
    Which Costco has the 400 DPI printer.
    Thanks....Sam (in Phx)

    Sam Grant, Jul 23, 2004

  3. Dave Patterson

    Elan Remford Guest

    Well, some quick math reveals that at 160,000 ppi vs 102,400 ppi, the 400
    dpi printer is some 56% sharper than its 320 dpi counterpart. The vastness
    of the difference in quality shouldn't be very surprising at all.

    E.

    Elan Remford, Jul 25, 2004
  4. Dave Patterson

    Mark Johnson Guest

    Dave Patterson <> wrote:

    >I'm just joining this group - so some of this may
    >have already been covered. Here in the PHX area,
    >I have discovered that one Costco has a printer
    >with 400 DPI, others have 320 DPI. My point?
    >When I printed at both to make a comparison,
    >there was a REAL difference, with the 400 DPI
    >(sadly) very noticeably better.
    >Any similar experiences?

    How does that compare to the i9900?

    Mark Johnson, Jul 27, 2004
  5. << one Costco has a printer
    >with 400 DPI, others have 320 DPI. >>

    I have been truly pleased with the ongoing results of printing at Costco in
    Bend, Oregon. They use a Noritsu printer and Fuji Crystal Archive paper. I've
    had 4x6, 11x14, and 12x18 prints made. Results have been suberb.

    What type printers were the 400 and 320 DPI?

    Best,

    Conrad
    Conrad Weiler
    Camp Sherman, Oregon

    Conrad Weiler, Jul 27, 2004
  6. Dave Patterson

    Stan Davis Guest

    "Conrad Weiler" <> wrote in message

    > Conrad
    > Conrad Weiler
    > Camp Sherman, Oregon

    Conrad,

    Hope you made it through last years fire ok. Went to Sister this weekend
    and there is a large swath of completely burned forest, as you already know
    of course

    Stan Davis, Jul 28, 2004