    away. The price for 2 was $19.98 + $5.99 shipping.

    Can someone help me with a recommendation for where to get a good
    quality calenders printed?

    Q, Oct 8, 2005

  2. Q

    Marten Guest

    Costco has excellent customer service. If the calenders are crap take them
    back to your local Costco and complain. Show them the quality of the shots
    and tell them you won't be happy until the calender meets this quality. It
    sounds like the machine operator was sleeping.

    Marten

    Marten, Oct 8, 2005

  3. Q

    Marvin Guest

    Q wrote:
    > The image quality of Costco photo calendars is pretty low. I uploaded 12
    > images from my Oly 8080 (8 MP) that I knew were of good quality, having
    > had them previously printed at 12"x18" size. The prints on the calendar
    > were streaked and blotchy and I would be ashamed to give them away. The
    > price for 2 was $19.98 + $5.99 shipping.
    >
    > Can someone help me with a recommendation for where to get a good
    > quality calenders printed?

    My wife and I made family calendars last year. It does take more work on your part,
    setting up the calendars and making quality prints. I used presentation paper, which
    allows for good quality photo prints and has a surface one can write on - a must for
    useful calendars. Staples Copy Center punched and bound them the way I specified. I had
    better control of the product that way than if I was only able to choose the pix. Can you
    mark days like family-member's birthdays when you make a calendar at Costco?

    Marvin, Oct 8, 2005
  4. Q

    Q Guest

    Marvin,

    Like you, I made my own calendars a few years ago by printing everything
    myself on glossy photo paper. They did turn out great but it was a lot
    of work.

    I did not see a way to have certain days marked on the Costco calendars.

    Q, Oct 8, 2005
  5. Q

    Conrad Guest

    Hi,

    I ran 2005 calendars at OfficeMax (Bend, Oregon) last year and was very
    satisfied with the results.

    I requested and got the pictures on glossy paper (of my 8x10's). 13
    pics were used (12 months+cover) on CD that I gave to Office Max.
    Day-by-day calendar areas can be written on; holidays, cycles of moon,
    etc., are listed each month. Color and b&w stickers for various events
    are located at back of calendars (to stick on specific days).

    Cost was important to me. OfficeMax (last year) was charging about $20
    for each calendar. Then (October, 2004 ?) there was a two-for-one
    coupon for calendars. I used that and the store requested one of my
    calendars for display/sale efforts and I picked that up in December
    2004 for my use.

    As always, make sure your pics are high quality on your monitor before
    using for calendar.

    Best,

    Conrad

    Conrad, Oct 9, 2005
  6. Q

    Q Guest

    Thanks for the info Conrad. I'll give Office Max a try. The Bend Costco
    does a good job printing glossy photos but the calendars are printed who
    knows where and are delivered by mail. With a high quality 8 mp image
    they should be able to print a nice looking calendar pic.

    Q, Oct 9, 2005
  7. Q

    C. Braden Guest

    C. Braden, Oct 10, 2005
  8. Q

    bemedley

    Joined:
    Dec 26, 2009
    Messages:
    1
    bemedley

    I have always made my own calendars with the aid of Calendar Creator and Adobe PhotoShop. However, this year I discovered Snapfish .com. It is the best site I have found giving you many options for borders, number of photos on a page, inserting photos and text in the date boxes on the calendars, adding text to the photo page, etc. You can even have them place a photo and text on the front cover. And, like store calendars, all the pages of your calendar are shown as small images on the back cover.I was very concerned about the quality of the pics and the printing material used so I only ordered 1 to start with. But when I received the calendar from them (in only about one weeks time) I was very surprised with final result. So, I ordered 12 more and received a 35% discount. They are high priced, but believe me, if you want a calendar that can be saved thru the years, this is it! I will never go back to making my own. Snapfish is easy to use, stores all your information so you can reuse whatever birthday, anniversary, etc. info you entered for next year, and they are speedy. One hint...if you have photoshop, make collages of several photos and submit it to Snapfish as a single photo. You're more in control that way. Hope I didn't overload you with info, but it's only because I am so excited and pleased about this product that I run on. Hope this information helps you.

    bemedley, Dec 26, 2009