  1. skip

    skip Guest

    Just left Costo they are selling the HD dvd player for 449.00

    skip, Jan 17, 2007

  2. In article <Xns98BB677CADBE9sky@207.115.33.102>,
    skip <skip[@nospam.com> wrote:
    >Just left Costo they are selling the HD dvd player for 449.00

    Sam's Club is selling the RCA unit for about that price too.
    --
    Bill Vermillion - bv @ wjv . com

    Bill Vermillion, Jan 17, 2007

  3. skip

    Dave Garrett Guest

    In article <>, says...
    > In article <Xns98BB677CADBE9sky@207.115.33.102>,
    > skip <skip[@nospam.com> wrote:

    > >Just left Costo they are selling the HD dvd player for 449.00

    > Sam's Club is selling the RCA unit for about that price too.

    I bought my first DVD player, a 2nd-generation Panasonic DVD-A110, in
    1998 for around $400. Still have it, but within a year or two, newer and
    much cheaper players that blew the Panasonic out of the water quality-
    and feature-wise were plentiful.

    I figure that by the time the 3rd- or 4th-gen HD-DVD players are
    available, you'll probably be able to get one for $200-300. At that
    point, I'll consider getting one. There will probably be a lot more
    titles available in HD-DVD by then as well.

    Dave

    Dave Garrett, Jan 17, 2007
  4. skip

    Justin Guest

    Dave Garrett wrote on [Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:16:33 -0600]:
    > In article <>, says...
    >> In article <Xns98BB677CADBE9sky@207.115.33.102>,
    >> skip <skip[@nospam.com> wrote:

    >> >Just left Costo they are selling the HD dvd player for 449.00

    >> Sam's Club is selling the RCA unit for about that price too.

    > I bought my first DVD player, a 2nd-generation Panasonic DVD-A110, in
    > 1998 for around $400. Still have it, but within a year or two, newer and
    > much cheaper players that blew the Panasonic out of the water quality-
    > and feature-wise were plentiful.

    And a year or two after that you could buy DVD players for $50 that were
    POS crap. And many still are. My Toshiba SD-2109 still plays like a
    champ.

    Justin, Jan 18, 2007
  5. skip

    MassiveProng Guest

    On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 20:07:42 -0600, Justin <> Gave
    us:

    >Dave Garrett wrote on [Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:16:33 -0600]:
    >> In article <>, says...

    >>> Sam's Club is selling the RCA unit for about that price too.

    >> I bought my first DVD player, a 2nd-generation Panasonic DVD-A110, in
    >> 1998 for around $400. Still have it, but within a year or two, newer and
    >> much cheaper players that blew the Panasonic out of the water quality-
    >> and feature-wise were plentiful.

    >And a year or two after that you could buy DVD players for $50 that were
    >POS crap. And many still are. My Toshiba SD-2109 still plays like a
    >champ.

    On another note, however, the first Toshiba DVD recorders...
    wouldn't, and they fucked all the purchasers, and wouldn't fix them
    either.

    That is my ONLY beef with them. $800.00 recorder no worky.. they act
    all "Oh well, thanks for the monetary boost to our firm."

    MassiveProng, Jan 18, 2007