    Crownfield Guest

    Costco finally broke the 256m barrier!

    512MB CF memory on sale for 68.49
    Crownfield, Aug 10, 2004

  2. Crownfield

    ERich10983 Guest

    Just got a flyer in the Sunday paper from Amazon. CompactFlash card
    SDCFB-512-A10 $59.99 after rebate.

    Earle Rich
    Mont Vernon, NH
    ERich10983, Aug 10, 2004

  3. Crownfield

    Ozzig Guest

    Crucial.com/uk do one for £58.74 - bought other stuff from them in the past
    and never had a problem.

    --
    To reply remove MYPANTS

    Ozzig, Aug 10, 2004
  4. Crownfield

    scott Guest

    "Ozzig" <> wrote in message
    > Crucial.com/uk do one for £58.74 - bought other stuff from them in
    > the past and never had a problem.

    Just ordered 3x 256 CFs for £17.90 each from 7dayshop.
    scott, Aug 10, 2004
  5. "Philip" <> wrote in message
    > It beats me as to why a 512 is more than double the cost of buying two
    > 256's.

    The yield of integrated circuits generally drops as the die size goes up.
    Costs them more so it costs us more.
    Charles Schuler, Aug 23, 2004
  6. Crownfield

    Philip Guest

    It beats me as to why a 512 is more than double the cost of buying two
    256's.
    I just bought a 256 40x cf card (Integral) for £24.00 from CCL Computers.

    Phil.

    Philip, Aug 23, 2004
  7. Crownfield

    Chalky Guest

    Forgive my ignorance please, what's the difference between a normal CF card
    and a CF card (Integral)?

    Chalky, Aug 24, 2004
  8. Crownfield

    wayne Guest

    what do you mean by barrier?

    Mwave has Kingston card for $58.00
    http://www.mwave.com/mwave/skusearch.hmx?SCriteria=BA19424

    Wayne

    wayne, Aug 24, 2004
  9. Crownfield

    Big Bill Guest

    Big Bill, Aug 25, 2004
  10. Crownfield

    DFS Guest

    Just got an email from Buy.com - 512mb for $19.99 after rebate. Don't
    really need more memory, but ordered a pair anyhow. Stocking stuffers!

    DS

    DFS, Oct 25, 2004
  11. Crownfield

    dwight Guest

    "DFS" <> wrote in message news:pudfd.1610$dW.1576@trnddc08...
    > Just got an email from Buy.com - 512mb for $19.99 after rebate. Don't
    > really need more memory, but ordered a pair anyhow. Stocking stuffers!

    I'm lousy at sending in for rebates. (Advertisers love guys like me.) That
    same email featured a Kingston 1-Gig compact flash for only $64.99.

    dwight
    dwight, Oct 26, 2004
  12. DFS wrote:

    > Just got an email from Buy.com - 512mb for $19.99 after rebate. Don't
    > really need more memory, but ordered a pair anyhow. Stocking stuffers!
    >
    > DS

    Let us know if they accept more than 1 rebate per family/address.

    -Dave
    Dave Herzstein, Oct 27, 2004