    .
    I have done this but just wondered if anyone knew the cost and why they dont
    bother stating this on the web site.
    =?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?=, Jul 9, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?=

    John Barnes Guest

    The cost is near $150 at various OEM vendors.

    John Barnes, Jul 9, 2005

  3. Here is a list of sites you can check:
    http://www.directron.com/winxpx64.html
    http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837102034
    http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14638&vpn=ZAT-00007&manufacture=Microsoft
    --
    Andre
    Extended64 | http://www.extended64.com

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 9, 2005
  4. "Terry" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > I am looking to upgrade but cant find how much the upgrade will cost. The
    > only way I can see of finding out is by emailing
    > .
    > I have done this but just wondered if anyone knew the cost and why they
    > dont
    > bother stating this on the web site.

    Terry,

    There is no UPGRADE price as there is no UPGRADE.
    Windows XP Professional x64 Edition is only available OEM - that is either
    with a new PC or with an appropriative piece of hardware.
    It cannot be used as an upgrade and will only do a full clean install to a
    clean hard drive or partition.
    Pricing for OEM copies varies and can be found by ant regular web search
    tool.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], Jul 9, 2005
  5. In addition to what Mike said, you can, until the end of the month, EXCHANGE
    your copy of 32-bit Windows XP Professional for the x64 edition. That
    exchange is free, with a small shipping charge. You must meet certain
    criteria, and your license for 32-bit Windows is revoked.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://www.msmvps.com/xperts64/

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 10, 2005
  6. Thanks for your replies.
    I bought my copy of XP off the shelf as an upgrade to Windows 98.
    Can I still exchange it or do I need a full copy to do this?

    =?Utf-8?B?VGVycnk=?=, Jul 10, 2005
  7. You should be able to exchange it, IF it is XP Professional. Home Edition
    doesn't qualify.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jul 10, 2005
  8. Read this Terry:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/upgrade/default.mspx

    You might also want to give the trial a run to see if its really right for
    you:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/64bit/evaluation/trial.mspx

    Andre Da Costa [Extended64], Jul 10, 2005