    2003 x32 to Windows Server 2003 x64. We have 2 VLA x32 licences.

    Thanks,

    Adrian
    Adrian, Aug 2, 2006

  2. Check your VL agreement, but I _think_ you can simply replace the 32bit with
    a 64bit, without incurring a cost. (except a media cost, potentially.)

    That being said, this is something you should discuss with your supplier who
    is much more likely to be an expert in the intricacies of MS licensing.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 2, 2006

  3. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    Charlie,

    > Check your VL agreement, but I _think_ you can simply replace the 32bit
    > with a 64bit, without incurring a cost. (except a media cost,
    > potentially.)

    Thanks. I was under the impression it was no cost (other than the media) but
    I have asked our supplier by email and I have not got a clear answer! I am
    going to ring him to discuss it and clarify exactly what he is saying, but I
    am not one hundred percent confident that what ever he tells me will be
    correct. Hence I thought I would ask here where I imagined someone may have
    gone through the same process.

    I guess it may end up with a call to Microsoft.

    Adrian.

    Adrian, Aug 2, 2006
  4. Charlie Russel - MVP wrote:

    >Check your VL agreement, but I think you can simply replace the 32bit with
    >a 64bit, without incurring a cost. (except a media cost, potentially.)
    >
    >That being said, this is something you should discuss with your supplier
    >who is much more likely to be an expert in the intricacies of MS licensing.

    Unlike the retail SKUs, on volume licensing you simply buy "WS2003" and
    can deploy x86 or x64 as you see fit. The media kit includes disks for both.

    --
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP]
    ---------------------------------------
    Steve Foster [SBS MVP], Aug 2, 2006
  5. Adrian

    Adrian Guest

    Steve,

    Thanks very much for the reply. I will check our media kit.

    Adrian.

    Adrian, Aug 2, 2006
  6. That's what I thought, but I don't do VL, so I'm glad to have confirmation.

    --
    Charlie.
    http://msmvps.com/xperts64

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Aug 2, 2006