    C) How much traffic (if anything) will cost him to/from his site...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Feb 24, 2004

  2. Chris Wilkinson

    Max Guest

    On Tue, 24 Feb 2004 22:21:37 +1300, Chris Wilkinson
    <> wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >
    >I'm going to create a fairly basic website to advertise my bro-in-law's
    >business. I need to get an estimate of the cost to him, for each of the
    >following items...
    >
    >A) His own domain-name... (www.<somename>.co.nz)
    >B) Cost of hosting a site (he's with Paradise)...
    >C) How much traffic (if anything) will cost him to/from his site...

    This site has a list of the good ones.
    http://www.netguide.co.nz/isp_directory/index.php?directory=hosting

    Find one that lists the allowed traffic, as avoid ones that say
    unlimited . I wouldn't say that you would use over 500MB per month,
    for a basic site. I would recommend getting one that allows at least
    40-50MB of webspace if he wants to upload digital images, some only
    offer about 10MB of $25 which is never enough.

    Max, Feb 24, 2004

  3. Wouldn't it be cheaper hosting this outside of NZ?

    Jed Meisterdude, Feb 24, 2004
  4. Chris Wilkinson

    Peter S Guest

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I'm going to create a fairly basic website to advertise my bro-in-law's
    > business. I need to get an estimate of the cost to him, for each of the
    > following items...
    >
    > A) His own domain-name... (www.<somename>.co.nz)
    > B) Cost of hosting a site (he's with Paradise)...
    > C) How much traffic (if anything) will cost him to/from his site...
    >
    > --
    > Kind regards,
    >
    > Chris Wilkinson, Christchurch, New Zealand.
    > Remove spamblocker to send replies direct to my email...

    What are you asking us for? Ring up Paradise & Domainz.

    Peter S, Feb 24, 2004
  5. Chris Wilkinson

    Allistar Guest

    Chris Wilkinson wrote:

    > Hi there,
    >
    > I'm going to create a fairly basic website to advertise my bro-in-law's
    > business. I need to get an estimate of the cost to him, for each of the
    > following items...

    From my experience with paradise hosting: (Note the domain name fees may
    have changed since I registered)

    > A) His own domain-name... (www.<somename>.co.nz)

    about $40 setup then $40 per year.

    > B) Cost of hosting a site (he's with Paradise)...

    $10 per month.

    > C) How much traffic (if anything) will cost him to/from his site...

    Not sure, ask Paradise.

    Allistar.

    Allistar, Feb 24, 2004
  6. Allistar wrote:
    > From my experience with paradise hosting: (Note the domain name fees may
    > have changed since I registered)

    >>A) His own domain-name... (www.<somename>.co.nz)

    > about $40 setup then $40 per year.

    eek... people pay this?

    >>B) Cost of hosting a site (he's with Paradise)...

    > $10 per month.

    per month thats about right.

    >>C) How much traffic (if anything) will cost him to/from his site...

    > Not sure, ask Paradise.

    They charge for "over use"

    I'm hosted with scarfies.net it costs me $30 a month for unlimited
    space, unlimited email addys(although I have no need for more than 3),
    and unlimited traffic.

    If interested, contact dan@the_domain_I_mentioned_above

    --
    Dave Hall
    http://Dave.net.nz

    T.N.O. - Dave.net.nz, Feb 24, 2004
  7. Hi there,

    Allistar wrote:
    > Chris Wilkinson wrote:
    >

    >>Hi there,
    >>
    >>I'm going to create a fairly basic website to advertise my bro-in-law's
    >>business. I need to get an estimate of the cost to him, for each of the
    >>following items...

    > From my experience with paradise hosting: (Note the domain name fees may
    > have changed since I registered)
    >
    >>A) His own domain-name... (www.<somename>.co.nz)

    > about $40 setup then $40 per year.
    >
    >>B) Cost of hosting a site (he's with Paradise)...

    > $10 per month.
    >
    >>C) How much traffic (if anything) will cost him to/from his site...

    > Not sure, ask Paradise.

    Will do. thanks for the other info...

    --
    Kind regards,

    Chris Wilkinson, Feb 25, 2004
  8. Chris Wilkinson

    Michael Guest

    I use doteasy http://www.doteasy.com
    I get 10 email address, 20MB website, and a domainname
    all for the sum of US$29.00 per year. No other costs,
    no monthly fees.
    The website has no banners or anything from doteasy.

    pretty good really when compared to alot of others.
    Only good for basic websites though as if you want php, mysql, etc
    you have to upgrade to a more expensive option.

    cheers

    Michael, Feb 25, 2004
  9. Chris Wilkinson

    Chris Guest

    Michael <> wrote in

    > I use doteasy http://www.doteasy.com
    > I get 10 email address, 20MB website, and a domainname
    > all for the sum of US$29.00 per year. No other costs,
    > no monthly fees.
    > The website has no banners or anything from doteasy.
    >
    > pretty good really when compared to alot of others.
    > Only good for basic websites though as if you want php, mysql, etc
    > you have to upgrade to a more expensive option.
    >
    > cheers
    >
    > Chris Wilkinson wrote:
    >
    >> Hi there,
    >>
    >> I'm going to create a fairly basic website to advertise my bro-in-law's
    >> business. I need to get an estimate of the cost to him, for each of the
    >> following items...
    >>
    >> A) His own domain-name... (www.<somename>.co.nz)
    >> B) Cost of hosting a site (he's with Paradise)...
    >> C) How much traffic (if anything) will cost him to/from his site...

    I see they have a special on at the moment, $USD25 to registar the domain
    name (.com) with free hosting. There are 2 & 3 years options.

    --
    Chris

    Chris, Feb 26, 2004