    keep it.
    With all the warnings that came with it I am not sure I want to install,
    especially if I don't know the cost.
    =?Utf-8?B?YWxieW9uZQ==?=, May 16, 2005

  2. "albyone" <> wrote in message
    news:D...
    > Just wondering what the cost is after the 180 day trial, should I decide
    > keep it.
    > With all the warnings that came with it I am not sure I want to install,
    > especially if I don't know the cost.

    You don't get to "keep the trial version" - you go an buy an OEM copy from
    one of the OEM suppliers or you purchase a new machine with it preinstalled.
    You then install your new OEM copy to your system.
    You can do this at any time - you do not have to wait for your trial period
    to expire.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    Mike Brannigan [MSFT], May 16, 2005

  3. I am sorry it should have read "if I should decide not to keep
    it"

    =?Utf-8?B?YWxieW9uZQ==?=, May 17, 2005
  4. Do you mean to say you need to to a clean install after you purchase the OEM
    version or can you simply plug in the OEM product key into the trial version
    to avoid this?

    Thanks

    =?Utf-8?B?TWFnZXdlYXZl?=, May 17, 2005
  5. I built my PC from components, there is no OEM. How much does the permanent
    version cost after the trial period?
    --
    Ed

    =?Utf-8?B?RWQ=?=, May 19, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?YWxieW9uZQ==?=

    tawpgk Guest

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837102034

    --
    Tom

    tawpgk, May 19, 2005
  7. What does an OEM copy cost upgrading from Windows XP Professional? Given that
    we must go thorough a clean XP installation requiring reformatting the hard
    drive and reinstalling all other software (e.g. Office, Adobe, etc.) it does
    not appear to make any sense to go through the grief that frequently goes
    with upgrades (the permanent version after the 180 days).
    --
    Ed

    =?Utf-8?B?RWQ=?=, May 19, 2005
  8. "Ed" <> wrote in message
    > What does an OEM copy cost upgrading from Windows XP Professional? Given
    > that
    > we must go thorough a clean XP installation requiring reformatting the
    > hard
    > drive and reinstalling all other software (e.g. Office, Adobe, etc.) it
    > does
    > not appear to make any sense to go through the grief that frequently goes
    > with upgrades (the permanent version after the 180 days).

    Since this is an OEM only product there is no upgrade pricing or upgrade
    path - clean install only and regular OEM pricing.
    To find the pricing you ill need to find one of the many OEM dealers and
    check their current pricing with them.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike