Corrupted SYSTEM Hive = NO REAL SOLUTION

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Maverick, Mar 11, 2006.

  1. Maverick

    Maverick Guest

    I've read hundreds of posts regarding these mysterious black screens
    that pop up from time to time on only SOME major OEM computers. I'm in
    the PC repair business. After about the tenth case of these errors I've

    seen/repaired over the past 4 years, I've come to the following
    conclusions:

    1) The errors regarding the "hive" could mean any of the following, but

    do not necessarily mean any of the following:
    - The system has simply "glitched". A reformat/reinstallation of
    Windows will fix the problem indefinitely.
    - The system has a "bad" or "failing" hard drive. Note, you probably
    won't be able to test the HDD as bad. The problem will just
    miraculously go away when you replace the cheap azz zero warranty dell
    issued drive with a real one.
    - The system is "bad" (mainboard?). No matter what you do, the !@@#$$
    error will just pop up again.
    2) Refer to #1. As none of the causes are necessarily true AND the
    issue ONLY seems occur with any prevalence on cheap major OEM machine
    OR really poorly built PC's ... I have no choice but to call this a big

    covered up manufacturer defect. The question is, who is the real
    culprit? Dell/Compaq/Emachine/<insert sh*tty OEM here> or MS or both?!
    Any educated opinion or "inside" info would be greatly appreciated.
    These errors SURE have caused me some major headaches for which
    Excedrin won't solve.
    Maverick, Mar 11, 2006

  2. Maverick

    Guest

    The hive usually refers to the orgnization of the Registry.
    , Mar 14, 2006