    So does this mean the Recycle Bin is actually corrupted, or is it just
    the way Window Washer and X-Cleaner work? And if the Recycle Bin is
    corrupted, how do I go about fixing it? Hope someone can help.

    One Type of Industrial Pollution, Dec 27, 2003

  2. One Type of Industrial Pollution

    why? Guest

    On Sat, 27 Dec 2003 09:39:35 GMT, One Type of Industrial Pollution
    wrote:

    >This happens when I use Windows Washer and X-Cleaner: It does what it's
    >supposed to do, as far as cleaning temp files, recent documents, etc.
    >But when it gets to the Recycle Bin, I get this error:
    >
    >"The Recycle Bin on C:\ is corrupted. Do you want to empty the Recycle
    >Bin for this drive?"

    <snip>

    >So does this mean the Recycle Bin is actually corrupted, or is it just
    >the way Window Washer and X-Cleaner work? And if the Recycle Bin is

    That's not a very good thing for any software to work that way is it.

    >corrupted, how do I go about fixing it? Hope someone can help.

    Normally to delete the RCB folders, (WinNT4/Win2000)

    Recycle Bin / Properties / Global / Use one setting for all drives /
    tick Do not move files to RCB. Remove files on delete.

    You can then delete the Recycler folder. You may need to remove hidden
    or system attributes first.

    Re-enable the RCB.

    Me

    why?, Dec 27, 2003