    have tried so far (PSP, onboard file viewers on XP or Vista, autocad, etc.
    Is there any way the files can be viewed or repaired?

    Ta

    SS, Dec 27, 2007

  2. SS

    VanguardLH Guest

    "SS" wrote in message news:BXJcj.18285$...
    >I have some JPG files on my machine which will not open with any
    >viewer I
    > have tried so far (PSP, onboard file viewers on XP or Vista,
    > autocad, etc.
    > Is there any way the files can be viewed or repaired?

    From where did you get the image files?

    VanguardLH, Dec 27, 2007

  3. "SS" <> wrote in

    > I have some JPG files on my machine which will not open with
    > any viewer I have tried so far (PSP, onboard file viewers on
    > XP or Vista, autocad, etc. Is there any way the files can be
    > viewed or repaired?

    I'd try Irfanview; but it's not very likely anything will open
    them if they are corrupted. I don't know of a jpg repair tool.

    --
    }:) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://manormaniac.blogspot.com/

    If it's comprehensible, it's obsolete.

    Christopher Jahn, Dec 27, 2007
  4. SS

    SS Guest

    "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    > "SS" wrote in message news:BXJcj.18285$...
    > >I have some JPG files on my machine which will not open with any
    > >viewer I
    > > have tried so far (PSP, onboard file viewers on XP or Vista,
    > > autocad, etc.
    > > Is there any way the files can be viewed or repaired?

    > From where did you get the image files?

    I downloaded them from My Canon A620 camera SD card but via an inbuilt card
    reader in my Medion XP machine. I think its something to do with the fact
    that the card is 1GB and above a certain card size the reader seems to
    'corrupt' the images as my vista machine or external card reader captures
    the files fine.

    SS, Dec 27, 2007
  5. "SS" <> wrote in message
    >I have some JPG files on my machine which will not open with any viewer I
    > have tried so far (PSP, onboard file viewers on XP or Vista, autocad, etc.
    > Is there any way the files can be viewed or repaired?

    Convar's PCInspector

    Inigo Lopez de Loyola, Dec 27, 2007
  6. SS

    DanR Guest

    "SS" <> wrote in message
    >I have some JPG files on my machine which will not open with any viewer I
    > have tried so far (PSP, onboard file viewers on XP or Vista, autocad, etc.
    > Is there any way the files can be viewed or repaired?
    >
    > Ta

    Search for "JPEG Recovery 2.0"
    It worked for me. Trial will display thumbnail but you must pay to recover
    full size image.

    DanR, Dec 27, 2007
  7. "SS" <> wrote in

    > "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    >> "SS" wrote in message
    >> >I have some JPG files on my machine which will not open
    >> >with any viewer I
    >> > have tried so far (PSP, onboard file viewers on XP or
    >> > Vista, autocad, etc.
    >> > Is there any way the files can be viewed or repaired?

    >> From where did you get the image files?
    >>

    > I downloaded them from My Canon A620 camera SD card but via an
    > inbuilt card reader in my Medion XP machine. I think its
    > something to do with the fact that the card is 1GB and above a
    > certain card size the reader seems to 'corrupt' the images as
    > my vista machine or external card reader captures the files
    > fine.

    1GB isn't a particularly large card: you should look into
    replacing the card reader. You should also be sure to re-format
    the card instead of merely deleting the files for re-use.

    I have a little USB2 reader that I picked up for $5 on sale at
    Office Depot. It's much faster than the built-in card reader
    that came with my desktop PC.

    --
    }:) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://manormaniac.blogspot.com/

    Everybody is equal here. It's just some people are more equal
    than others.

    Christopher Jahn, Dec 27, 2007
  8. SS

    Phat Sam Guest

    On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 07:52:51 -0500, "Inigo Lopez de Loyola" <i@hs>
    wrote:

    >"SS" <> wrote in message
    >>I have some JPG files on my machine which will not open with any viewer I
    >> have tried so far (PSP, onboard file viewers on XP or Vista, autocad, etc.
    >> Is there any way the files can be viewed or repaired?

    >Convar's PCInspector

    A thought, sandisk has software that un-deletes from various memory
    cards.... Even if the files where deleted when you last copied them,
    un-delete them and try to re-download them using the external card
    reader....

    Phat Sam, Dec 27, 2007
  9. SS

    richard Guest

    On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:13:28 GMT, "SS" <> wrote:

    >"VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    >> "SS" wrote in message news:BXJcj.18285$...
    >> >I have some JPG files on my machine which will not open with any
    >> >viewer I
    >> > have tried so far (PSP, onboard file viewers on XP or Vista,
    >> > autocad, etc.
    >> > Is there any way the files can be viewed or repaired?

    >> From where did you get the image files?
    >>

    >I downloaded them from My Canon A620 camera SD card but via an inbuilt card
    >reader in my Medion XP machine. I think its something to do with the fact
    >that the card is 1GB and above a certain card size the reader seems to
    >'corrupt' the images as my vista machine or external card reader captures
    >the files fine.

    Have you installed the software that came with the camera?
    The reason for the corrupt files could be that the reader is not
    interpeting the data correctly. With the software, it should.

    richard, Dec 27, 2007
  10. SS

    Rick Merrill Guest

    Christopher Jahn wrote:
    > "SS" <> wrote in
    >
    >> I have some JPG files on my machine which will not open with
    >> any viewer I have tried so far (PSP, onboard file viewers on
    >> XP or Vista, autocad, etc. Is there any way the files can be
    >> viewed or repaired?
    >>

    > I'd try Irfanview; but it's not very likely anything will open
    > them if they are corrupted. I don't know of a jpg repair tool.

    2nd that. Irfanview can sometimes recognize files that have
    been given the WRONG file extension. Suggest you check the file type.!

    Rick Merrill, Dec 27, 2007
  11. SS

    Shel-hed Guest

    You didn't say whether or not you deleted them from your camera, so I'll state
    the obvious... Use your USB cable to hook the camera up to the computer. No
    driver disk required.
    Otherwise, I've had good luck with Irfanview too.

    Shel-hed, Dec 27, 2007
  12. SS

    VanguardLH Guest

    "SS" wrote in message

    > "VanguardLH" wrote ...
    >>
    >> "SS" wrote ...
    >>>
    >>>I have some JPG files on my machine which will not open with any
    >>>viewer I
    >>> have tried so far (PSP, onboard file viewers on XP or Vista,
    >>> autocad, etc.
    >>> Is there any way the files can be viewed or repaired?

    >> From where did you get the image files?

    > I downloaded them from My Canon A620 camera SD card but via an
    > inbuilt card
    > reader in my Medion XP machine. I think its something to do with the
    > fact
    > that the card is 1GB and above a certain card size the reader seems
    > 'corrupt' the images as my vista machine or external card reader
    > captures
    > the files fine.

    Does the camera have a [mini-]USB port that you could use instead of
    removing the card and using a card reader? Just remember to power off
    the camera after transferring the images so you don't drain them dead.

    VanguardLH, Dec 27, 2007
  13. SS

    > "SS" wrote in message
    > >
    > > "VanguardLH" wrote ...
    > >>
    > >> "SS" wrote ...

    > >> From where did you get the image files?

    > > I downloaded them from My Canon A620 camera SD card but via an
    > > inbuilt card
    > > reader in my Medion XP machine. I think its something to do with the
    > > fact
    > > that the card is 1GB and above a certain card size the reader seems
    > > 'corrupt' the images as my vista machine or external card reader
    > > captures
    > > the files fine.

    > Does the camera have a [mini-]USB port that you could use instead of
    > removing the card and using a card reader? Just remember to power off
    > the camera after transferring the images so you don't drain them dead.

    Yes I use the USB lead and all works fine but have some files I don't know
    what they are or if I have a 'good' version of them.

    SS, Dec 27, 2007
  14. richard <> wrote in

    > On Thu, 27 Dec 2007 12:13:28 GMT, "SS" <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    >>> "SS" wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> From where did you get the image files?
    >>>

    >>I downloaded them from My Canon A620 camera SD card but via an
    >>inbuilt card reader in my Medion XP machine. I think its
    >>something to do with the fact that the card is 1GB and above a
    >>certain card size the reader seems to 'corrupt' the images as
    >>my vista machine or external card reader captures the files
    >>fine.
    >>

    > Have you installed the software that came with the camera?
    > The reason for the corrupt files could be that the reader is
    > not interpeting the data correctly. With the software, it
    > should.

    That should only be an issue if he's reading directly off the
    camera; a card in a reader should work just like a portable
    storage device.

    --
    }:) Christopher Jahn
    {:-( http://manormaniac.blogspot.com/

    It feels great to wake up and not know what day it is, doesn't
    it?

    Christopher Jahn, Dec 27, 2007
  15. SS

    VanguardLH Guest

    "SS" <> wrote in message

    > "VanguardLH" <> wrote in message
    >> "SS" wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > "VanguardLH" wrote ...

    >> > I downloaded them from My Canon A620 camera SD card but via an
    >> > inbuilt card
    >> > reader in my Medion XP machine. I think its something to do with
    >> > the
    >> > fact
    >> > that the card is 1GB and above a certain card size the reader
    >> > seems
    >> > 'corrupt' the images as my vista machine or external card reader
    >> > captures
    >> > the files fine.

    >> Does the camera have a [mini-]USB port that you could use instead
    >> of
    >> removing the card and using a card reader? Just remember to power
    >> off
    >> the camera after transferring the images so you don't drain them
    >> dead.
    >>

    > Yes I use the USB lead and all works fine but have some files I
    > don't know
    > what they are or if I have a 'good' version of them.

    Well, if the pics are still on the card and since a USB connection
    works okay then get them that way. It sounds like your card reader is
    bad or you aren't properly inserted the cards.

    VanguardLH, Dec 27, 2007
  16. SS

    Plato Guest

    SS wrote:

    > I have some JPG files on my machine which will not open with any viewer I
    > have tried so far (PSP, onboard file viewers on XP or Vista, autocad, etc.
    > Is there any way the files can be viewed or repaired?

    Only if the file is NOT corrupted.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, Dec 31, 2007