    software that someone can recomend to me, to rectify this problem?

    Thanks

    MarcusLeach311
    MarcusLeach311, Nov 10, 2007

  2. MarcusLeach311

    Morton Guest

    MarcusLeach311 wrote:
    > Recently on an networked computer, a large amount of photographs were deleted.
    > We recovered the deleted images with 'Recover My Files'. Then after that was
    > completed we loaded onto a CD. We can view the thumbnails of the image but
    > when we double click it the image comes up mixed with other images, like they
    > have all been put in a mixer. All jumbled up. I was wondering if there is any
    > software that someone can recomend to me, to rectify this problem?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > MarcusLeach311

    Hi ,

    I have an SD card that my Vista PC mistakenly deleted the images from,
    when I clicked on to delete a shortcut only. I tried several free and
    paid recovery software types, with no success. Then I tried "e-image
    recovery", and it recovered 33 of the 36 images that were important.
    This to me is wonderful, inasmuch as the images were of a friend's
    wedding. (Yes, there was a pro there; I just did my small bit.)
    I can therefore highly recommend e-image recovery. You can get a free
    trial version to see if recovery occurs, then pay for the full version
    and actually recover the images.

    Good luck.

    Morton Linder
    Morton, Nov 11, 2007

  3. MarcusLeach311

    Guest

    On Nov 10, 8:32 pm, "MarcusLeach311" <u38943@uwe> wrote:
    > Recently on an networked computer, a large amount of photographs were deleted.
    > We recovered the deleted images with 'Recover My Files'. Then after that was
    > completed we loaded onto a CD. We can view the thumbnails of the image but
    > when we double click it the image comes up mixed with other images, like they
    > have all been put in a mixer. All jumbled up. I was wondering if there is any
    > software that someone can recomend to me, to rectify this problem?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > MarcusLeach311

    Have you tried PC Inspector ? I've had good results with it. The
    chances of recovery depend on what was done to the hard disk
    partition after deleting the photos *and* on the method used for
    recovery. If you do a sector-by-sector scan, you will often get
    a meaningless jumble of data, all sorted in lumps of equal size.

    PC Inspector is freeware.
    http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/file_recovery/download.htm?language=1
    , Nov 11, 2007
  4. MarcusLeach311

    Guest

    On Nov 11, 8:15 am, wrote:
    > On Nov 10, 8:32 pm, "MarcusLeach311" <u38943@uwe> wrote:
    >
    > > Recently on an networked computer, a large amount of photographs were deleted.
    > > We recovered the deleted images with 'Recover My Files'. Then after that was
    > > completed we loaded onto a CD. We can view the thumbnails of the image but
    > > when we double click it the image comes up mixed with other images, like they
    > > have all been put in a mixer. All jumbled up. I was wondering if there is any
    > > software that someone can recomend to me, to rectify this problem?

    > > Thanks

    > > MarcusLeach311

    > Have you tried PC Inspector ? I've had good results with it. The
    > chances of recovery depend on what was done to the hard disk
    > partition after deleting the photos *and* on the method used for
    > recovery. If you do a sector-by-sector scan, you will often get
    > a meaningless jumble of data, all sorted in lumps of equal size.
    >
    > PC Inspector is freeware.http://www.pcinspector.de/Sites/file_recovery/download.htm?language=1

    The lastest version of my recovery program www.cnwrecovery.com does
    attempt to recover jpegs, and avi's that have been fragmented. For a
    memory chip, the success is fairly high - but no program will ever be
    always 100%. Most recovery programs will only work with a sequential
    file when running in 'Raw' mode. This will often give thumbnails, or
    partial images if a fragmented file is found.

    CDs don't normally get fragmented and so success is again very high.

    Recovery from both media can either be logical - reading the file
    structure, or ina Raw format working on file signatures, and
    contents. Even in raw mode, most photos are recovered with a valid
    date which does help sorting even when the file name has been lost.

    Michael
    CnW Recovery
    , Nov 11, 2007