    Any thoughts would be welcome and appreciated. If this is not the correct
    forum could someone please direct me to the proper ng? :eek:)

    Cheers,
    B.C. Bugger, Jan 3, 2004

  2. On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 20:15:36 GMT, "B.C. Bugger"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi guys,
    >Just a newbie to this ng but have what I think is a relevant question. I
    >recently bought a DVD for my daughter and a JVC DVD player for Christmas.
    >On this particular DVD when I play back a certain scene the file/picture
    >seems corrupted. The picture breaks down into blocky bits and the playback
    >stutters. When I play the same scene on my 'puter no worries. The dvd
    >player has a high sampling rate IIRC and should do the job while the one on
    >the 'puter is at least a year or so old.
    >
    >Any thoughts would be welcome and appreciated. If this is not the correct
    >forum could someone please direct me to the proper ng? :eek:)

    Just look for a fingerprint or smudge on the disc. Different players
    handle the same marks on the playing suface . er.. differently...
    :) It doesn't mean one player is better than the other.

    . Steve ..

    Steve(JazzHunter), Jan 4, 2004

  3. B.C. Bugger

    B.C. Bugger Guest

    "Steve(JazzHunter)" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 03 Jan 2004 20:15:36 GMT, "B.C. Bugger"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Hi guys,
    > >Just a newbie to this ng but have what I think is a relevant question. I
    > >recently bought a DVD for my daughter and a JVC DVD player for Christmas.
    > >On this particular DVD when I play back a certain scene the file/picture
    > >seems corrupted. The picture breaks down into blocky bits and the

    playback
    > >stutters. When I play the same scene on my 'puter no worries. The dvd
    > >player has a high sampling rate IIRC and should do the job while the one

    on
    > >the 'puter is at least a year or so old.
    > >
    > >Any thoughts would be welcome and appreciated. If this is not the

    correct
    > >forum could someone please direct me to the proper ng? :eek:)

    > Just look for a fingerprint or smudge on the disc. Different players
    > handle the same marks on the playing suface . er.. differently...
    > :) It doesn't mean one player is better than the other.
    >

    > . Steve ..
    > >
    > >Cheers,

    Thanks Steve, I'll give it a good cleaning wiping out from the center then
    give it another go :eek:)

    Cheers,

    B.C. Bugger, Jan 4, 2004