Corrupt Thunderbird Mailbox Folder

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Chris Mayhew, Oct 26, 2004.

  1. Chris Mayhew

    Chris Mayhew Guest

    Hi

    I seem to have fixed this by renaming the *.msf file, along with the
    matching data file. I did note that renaming the *.msf file resulted in
    it being regenerated the next time Thunderbird was run (before I renamed
    both files) so I assume it is the index file.

    While I did have a look on google etc etc and the Thunderbird forums for
    a solution I was wondering if anyone has a url or two that might point
    to some useful info on how to deal with corrupt mailboxs or folders.

    What was happening was clicking on the email header, or double clicking
    to open the email in a new window, wasn't having any effect - the email
    message plane was left blank.

    TIA

    Chris Mayhew, Oct 26, 2004