Corrupt Registry.

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?Q2FzcGVy?=, Aug 23, 2007.

  1. with having problems with windows live messenger on win xp 64 I looked to the
    internet for support, I cant remember the error but looking into it seemed to
    be a registry permissions error... little more searching and I found this:

    http://winonline.blogspot.com/2005/11/reset-entire-registry-permissions-to.html

    following the instructions and nothing happening I thort I would run the new
    file I might have even made it a batch file instead of a cmd file. what would
    happen if the file (be it a CMD or BAT) was run with this text:

    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=administrators=f
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=administrators=f
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=administrators=f
    subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=administrators=f

    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE /grant=system=f
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CURRENT_USER /grant=system=f
    subinacl /subkeyreg HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT /grant=system=f
    subinacl /subdirectories %SystemDrive% /grant=system=f

    now the system wont start any further than just after the large windows
    flag, cant log in or anything, safe mode or normal.

    PLEASE HELP, sorry for the essay.

    thanks.
    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FzcGVy?=, Aug 23, 2007

  2. Casper:
    Try pressing F8 right after the bios screens.
    Choose "Last Known Good Configuration".
    Best of luck.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 23, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?Q2FzcGVy?=

    John Barnes Guest

    If you have a registry problem you will probably have to run system restore
    from your install DVD

    John Barnes, Aug 23, 2007
  4. tried that, and this error message came up as i hit enter:

    Windows could not start because of a general computer hardware configuration
    problem.
    Attempting to load an x64 operating system, however this system does not
    have the APIC configured.
    Check your firmware settings. Make sure that the firmware has enabled the
    advanced programmable interrupt controller (APIC) on the system. If the
    firmware does not have an APIC setting, Please contact the system
    manufacturer for a firmware update to enable the local APIC.

    thanks.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FzcGVy?=, Aug 23, 2007
  5. Casper:
    It seems then that something went wrong in your BIOS settings.
    Enter BIOS setup and enable APIC.
    Check all other settings and make sure everything else is Ok there.
    Carlos

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2FybG9z?=, Aug 23, 2007