    downloading it all over again.

    TIA

    Joe
    annon, Jul 19, 2004

  2. annon

    gangle Guest

    It may not be an mpg at all (could be an image file
    and/or compressed by WinRar, or a compressed
    AVI which requires a codec you don't have), or it may,
    indeed, be corrupt. This "emule" thingie may have
    corrupted it, or it may have been corrupt in the first place.
    That's as specific an answer possible with the
    information you gave.

    "annon" wrote

    gangle, Jul 19, 2004

  3. annon

    annon Guest

    thank you

    annon, Jul 19, 2004
  4. annon

    Hamman Guest

    "annon" <> wrote in message
    > I downloaded a mpg file thru emule, the completed and i am not able to
    > view it
    > with any of the multimedia players.
    >
    > the msg i get is "the file maybe corrupt or not a supported format".
    > i have installed all codecs and have not had any luck and would like
    > to try to do a repair before giving up as the file is 700mb, instead of
    > downloading it all over again.
    >

    > TIA
    >
    > Joe

    eMule uses ICH (Inteligent Corruption Handling) which scans for corrupt
    files as they are downloaded.

    Try installing a divx codec, or opening the file with winRAR.

    hamman
    Hamman, Jul 19, 2004