Corrupt LDECMPG22.dl ?

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Evan Platt, Jul 3, 2006.

  1. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    My guess is I downloaded a codec pack, and one of the files didn't
    install, but can't recall which one. When I try to play some (not all)
    MPEG's, I get the below error in BSplayer Pro 2.0:

    BSplayer v2.00.937, Unhandled exception at EIP: 057E3988
    If you click 'Close' application will be terminated.
    Please report this info to the author with description what were you
    doing.
    If you have internet connection, it's recommended to send error
    report, this will help us solve problems faster.
    Access violation at address 057E3988 in module 'LDECMPG22.dll'. Read
    of address 00000000
    EAccessViolation
    Call stack: 00000000,057E3988,00404843,00599B2D,0059A2E3,0059A317,00

    Reinstalled BSPlayer, still the same error.

    This is on Windows Vista, but this worked fine prior to installing a
    few codec packs, but can't recall which ones.

    LDECMPG22.dll has no results in google or deja.

    Any suggestions on what needs a reinstallation or an uninstallation
    or... ?

    Thanks.

    Evan Platt, Jul 3, 2006

  2. Evan Platt

    Duane Arnold Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > My guess is I downloaded a codec pack, and one of the files didn't
    > install, but can't recall which one. When I try to play some (not all)
    > MPEG's, I get the below error in BSplayer Pro 2.0:
    >
    > BSplayer v2.00.937, Unhandled exception at EIP: 057E3988
    > If you click 'Close' application will be terminated.
    > Please report this info to the author with description what were you
    > doing.

    It's just what it means. The assembly or code that's part of the DLL's
    functionality has an *unhandled exception* an unexpected error happened
    in the assembly/program and the assembly/program has no error handling
    code in it to deal with the exception and the assembly/program terminated.

    > If you have internet connection, it's recommended to send error
    > report, this will help us solve problems faster.
    > Access violation at address 057E3988 in module 'LDECMPG22.dll'. Read
    > of address 00000000
    > EAccessViolation
    > Call stack: 00000000,057E3988,00404843,00599B2D,0059A2E3,0059A317,00
    >
    > Reinstalled BSPlayer, still the same error.

    The above exception most likely has lead to the accessvolilation error
    within the dll as the dll may not have been instantiated properly by the
    host or calling assembly/program, as it's a cascading error condition.

    > This is on Windows Vista, but this worked fine prior to installing a
    > few codec packs, but can't recall which ones.
    >
    > LDECMPG22.dll has no results in google or deja.
    >
    > Any suggestions on what needs a reinstallation or an uninstallation
    > or... ?

    Maybe, it's not certified to run on Vista and conditions are now set for
    the termination of the assembly/program.

    You might want to contact the author and get his or her take on it.

    Duane :)

    Duane Arnold, Jul 3, 2006

  3. Evan Platt

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 09:26:49 GMT, Duane Arnold <"Do forget about
    it"@PleaeDo.BET> wrote:

    >Maybe, it's not certified to run on Vista and conditions are now set for
    >the termination of the assembly/program.
    >
    >You might want to contact the author and get his or her take on it.

    If I could remember where LDECMPG22 came from... I would :-D

    Evan Platt, Jul 3, 2006
  4. Evan Platt

    Guest

    Evan Platt <> wrote:

    |>On Mon, 03 Jul 2006 09:26:49 GMT, Duane Arnold <"Do forget about
    |>it"@PleaeDo.BET> wrote:
    |>
    |>>Maybe, it's not certified to run on Vista and conditions are now set for
    |>>the termination of the assembly/program.
    |>>
    |>>You might want to contact the author and get his or her take on it.

    |>If I could remember where LDECMPG22 came from... I would :-D

    If vista doesn't do the version thing, you could use resource hacker
    to view the file and get the info you need.
    http://www.angusj.com/resourcehacker/

    --
    http://homepage.mac.com/pockyrevolution/bestofgooglevideo/index.html

    , Jul 3, 2006
  5. Evan Platt

    grandpakewl Guest

    I know it's been a while since this problem was posted but I spent som
    6 hours late last night fussing with this same issue and think I foun
    the solution. I had been trying out a number (some 10+) programs tha
    allow one to capture a frame image from a video file. Each had bee
    downloaded (trial versions) and tested to see what they would do.
    uninstalled those that did make the first cut and kept some half-doze
    that looked promising. At some point I realized that BSPlayer wa
    failing and I was getting this exact same error.

    I found the dll LDECMPG22 located in several places and one of the
    pointed to one of the packages I had installed - "Blaze Media Pro".
    also found that if I renamed or removed the dll, that BSPlayer woul
    run, but it would not show the video for an mpeg-2 file. It seemed t
    recognize only an audio track. I tried installing a number of mpeg-
    codec files with no success.

    Eventually I removed just about every thing on the PC that was vide
    related or codec related. Something named "Microsoft Windows XP Vide
    Decoder Checkup Utility" was helpful to know what the mpeg-2 code
    files installed were. The file from Blaze Media had assumed th
    "preferred" role for mpeg-2 playback. Finally, after everything wa
    removed, I found a mpeg-2 codec that was free and installed it and wa
    back in business....

    Hope that helps...

    --
    grandpakew