    a copy of the above file. Have not had any luck solving this even when I did
    several new clean installs. Can someone please tell me how to solve this?

    Richard

    =?Utf-8?B?amFja2Zyb3N0?=, May 28, 2005

  2. One of two things:
    1.) you need to copy the 64 bit ntoskrnl.exe to the root directory of the
    32-bit install.
    2.) you need updated storage controller drivers. See some of the other
    threads here for details about how to get and load SATA or RAID drivers.

    --
    Charlie.
    --

    Andre
    http://spaces.msn.com/members/adacosta

    Andre Da Costa, May 28, 2005

  3. Also from Charlie:
    You need to get specific 64-bit drivers for _your_ motherboard and SATA
    controller. See www.planetamd64.com for the latest drivers.

    Andre Da Costa, May 28, 2005
  4. Had same problem.
    You need to edit boot.ini and correct the partition. I just guessed the
    correct numbers.

    Jonathan Howard, May 28, 2005
  5. =?Utf-8?B?amFja2Zyb3N0?=

    aimbie Guest

    This is the correct answer to this problem. In my case I changed my boot.ini
    from:

    [boot loader]
    timeout=10
    [operating systems]
    Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional x64
    Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

    to:

    [boot loader]
    timeout=10
    [operating systems]
    Professional" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn
    multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(2)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Windows XP Professional x64
    Edition" /noexecute=optin /fastdetect

    and now it works.

    I have tried to point out to Charlie that he was giving bad advise on this
    issue only to be critized by the regulars as overly agresssive. Maybe some
    dissent in here is good.

    aimbie, May 28, 2005
  6. Well, we all make mistakes and we all make good points, that is what makes
    us human and normal.

    Andre Da Costa, May 28, 2005