    full scan.
    Can these pictures be recoverd back to there original state ?

    Thanks

    Joni, Aug 31, 2005

  2. "Joni" <> wrote in message
    news:df3t09$e2n$...
    > Hi, suddenly a large number of my jpeg pictures are currupt, if i try to
    > open one
    > the picture is all over the place - as though its a puzzle mixed up. Some
    > don`t open at all
    > and some just have a white background no image.
    >
    > I've got kaspersky antivirus updated and no virus's were dected during a
    > full scan.
    > Can these pictures be recoverd back to there original state ?
    >
    > Thanks

    Two things.
    1. That antivirus might be bunk, use something good like Avast, it's free
    and works 100 times better than any symantec product.
    2. The file associate may have been changed to something else that doesn't
    read jpg's. Try right clicking on the picture, click on open file with and
    selecting Internet Explorer.

    --
    Rob
    techhowto.org

    Rob Burghdoff, Aug 31, 2005

  3. Joni

    Mitch Guest

    In article <df3t09$e2n$>, Joni <> wrote:

    > Hi, suddenly a large number of my jpeg pictures are currupt, if i try to
    > open one
    > the picture is all over the place - as though its a puzzle mixed up. Some
    > don`t open at all
    > and some just have a white background no image.

    Have you tried using different programs to open them?

    > I've got kaspersky antivirus updated and no virus's were dected during a
    > full scan.
    > Can these pictures be recoverd back to there original state ?

    Reverted? Only if there were some of the original data.
    What you are describing sounds like corrupted data, so what you see IS the state.
    If you tear pages out of a book, you can't recreate the whole book with the remaining pages.

    HOWEVER --
    there may be previous versions of the images on the drive somewhere, especially if you edited them.
    You can use a data-recovery tool to find what is on unused portions of the drive.

    Mitch, Aug 31, 2005