    I was wondering if anyone knew of a free program that would recover
    the photos and could point me in the right direction.

    Thanks in advance to any techies out there
    Fred Bloggs, Jun 29, 2003

  2. Fred Bloggs

    Fred Bloggs Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 15:18:25 GMT, paul s <> wrote:

    >Fred Bloggs wrote:
    >
    >> I have a problem with a CD being corrupted.
    >>
    >> I stupidly tried packet writing with Easy CD, then decided that i
    >> would close the cd to use it as a normal one again. Part way through,
    >> the cd came up with an error, and now i cannot access the disc. I
    >> wouldn't normally worry, but the disc contains irreplaceable photos!

    >> The only 2 programs that have managed to find the photos on the cd are
    >> CDR Diagnostic v1.7.2 and Photorecovery.

    >If the photos are 'irreplaceable', then 40 bucks is not too much to pay is
    >it?

    Yes - I am very poor

    >What happened to the original photo files after you copied them to CD?

    Deleted them from camera and the HDD thinking they were safe on the CD
    Fred Bloggs, Jun 29, 2003

  3. Fred Bloggs

    Fred Bloggs Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:28:33 +0100, °Mike°
    <> wrote:

    >"Photos irreplaceable" == "Get your wallet out".

    Thank you for that sound advice!!

    Fred Bloggs, Jun 29, 2003
  4. Fred Bloggs

    °Mike° Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:58:05 +0100, in
    <>
    Fred Bloggs <Fred666only$Remove This$@hotmail.com> scrawled:

    >On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:28:33 +0100, °Mike°
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>"Photos irreplaceable" == "Get your wallet out".

    >Thank you for that sound advice!!

    You're welcome.

    --
    STGP, OGPE24HSHD
    °Mike°, Jun 29, 2003
  5. "Fred Bloggs" <Fred666only$Remove This$@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I have a problem with a CD being corrupted.
    >
    > I stupidly tried packet writing with Easy CD, then decided that i
    > would close the cd to use it as a normal one again. Part way through,
    > the cd came up with an error, and now i cannot access the disc. I
    > wouldn't normally worry, but the disc contains irreplaceable photos!
    >
    > The only 2 programs that have managed to find the photos on the cd are
    > CDR Diagnostic v1.7.2 and Photorecovery.
    >
    > Both programs need payment before any copying can be done. I have
    > tried the usual dubious crack sites (astalavista etc) but no luck with
    > a crack or serial.
    >
    > I was wondering if anyone knew of a free program that would recover
    > the photos and could point me in the right direction.
    >
    > Thanks in advance to any techies out there

    Try this , its pretty good, it might get your files back, its saved me a few
    times
    http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/
    Dr. HackenSack, Jun 29, 2003
  6. Fred Bloggs

    Shep© Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:01:15 +0100, Whilst playing Smegball with the
    scutters Fred Bloggs <Fred666only$Remove This$@hotmail.com> wrote :

    >I have a problem with a CD being corrupted.
    >
    >I stupidly tried packet writing with Easy CD, then decided that i
    >would close the cd to use it as a normal one again. Part way through,
    >the cd came up with an error, and now i cannot access the disc. I
    >wouldn't normally worry, but the disc contains irreplaceable photos!
    >
    >The only 2 programs that have managed to find the photos on the cd are
    >CDR Diagnostic v1.7.2 and Photorecovery.
    >
    >Both programs need payment before any copying can be done. I have
    >tried the usual dubious crack sites (astalavista etc) but no luck with
    >a crack or serial.
    >
    >I was wondering if anyone knew of a free program that would recover
    >the photos and could point me in the right direction.
    >
    >Thanks in advance to any techies out there

    If you have not used the system too much and not defragged you may be
    lucky.
    http://hccweb1.bai.ne.jp/~hcj58401/
    You may be able to restore the files from the hard drive.
    Be lucky :O

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,
    Shep©, Jun 29, 2003
  7. better be your email address i just emailed
    the full version of diagnostic 1.72. I hope you have a megabyte empty in
    the inbox. If not email me and i'll resend it.

    the real TOMMY Tutalidge, Jun 29, 2003
  8. Fred Bloggs

    Fred Bloggs Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 18:29:46 +0100, Shep© <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:01:15 +0100, Whilst playing Smegball with the
    >scutters Fred Bloggs <Fred666only$Remove This$@hotmail.com> wrote :
    >
    >>I have a problem with a CD being corrupted.
    >>
    >>I stupidly tried packet writing with Easy CD, then decided that i
    >>would close the cd to use it as a normal one again. Part way through,
    >>the cd came up with an error, and now i cannot access the disc. I
    >>wouldn't normally worry, but the disc contains irreplaceable photos!
    >>
    >>The only 2 programs that have managed to find the photos on the cd are
    >>CDR Diagnostic v1.7.2 and Photorecovery.
    >>
    >>Both programs need payment before any copying can be done. I have
    >>tried the usual dubious crack sites (astalavista etc) but no luck with
    >>a crack or serial.
    >>
    >>I was wondering if anyone knew of a free program that would recover
    >>the photos and could point me in the right direction.
    >>
    >>Thanks in advance to any techies out there

    >If you have not used the system too much and not defragged you may be
    >lucky.
    >http://hccweb1.bai.ne.jp/~hcj58401/
    >You may be able to restore the files from the hard drive.
    >Be lucky :O

    Thanks for the tip - unfortunately my HDD has gone tits up and so I
    installed a new one - always the way!!
    Fred Bloggs, Jun 30, 2003
  9. Fred Bloggs

    Fred Bloggs Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 14:56:23 -0400, the real TOMMY Tutalidge
    <> wrote:

    > better be your email address i just emailed
    >the full version of diagnostic 1.72. I hope you have a megabyte empty in
    >the inbox. If not email me and i'll resend it.

    Cheers mate - I sent you a decent address to send it

    Fred Bloggs, Jun 30, 2003
  10. Fred Bloggs

    Fred Bloggs Guest

    On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:01:15 +0100, Fred Bloggs <Fred666only$Remove
    This$@hotmail.com> wrote:

    >I have a problem with a CD being corrupted.
    >
    >I stupidly tried packet writing with Easy CD, then decided that i
    >would close the cd to use it as a normal one again. Part way through,
    >the cd came up with an error, and now i cannot access the disc. I
    >wouldn't normally worry, but the disc contains irreplaceable photos!
    >
    >The only 2 programs that have managed to find the photos on the cd are
    >CDR Diagnostic v1.7.2 and Photorecovery.
    >
    >Both programs need payment before any copying can be done. I have
    >tried the usual dubious crack sites (astalavista etc) but no luck with
    >a crack or serial.
    >
    >I was wondering if anyone knew of a free program that would recover
    >the photos and could point me in the right direction.
    >
    >Thanks in advance to any techies out there

    As an update to my problem, I used BadCopy Pro v3.70 to recover my
    files.

    An excellent program indeed!

    Thanks to the guys who tried to help me - it was much appreciated

    Fred
    Fred Bloggs, Jun 30, 2003
  11. "Fred Bloggs" <Fred666only$Remove_This$@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...
    > On Sun, 29 Jun 2003 16:01:15 +0100, Fred Bloggs <Fred666only$Remove
    > This$@hotmail.com> wrote:
    >
    > >I have a problem with a CD being corrupted.
    > >
    > >I stupidly tried packet writing with Easy CD, then decided that i
    > >would close the cd to use it as a normal one again. Part way through,
    > >the cd came up with an error, and now i cannot access the disc. I
    > >wouldn't normally worry, but the disc contains irreplaceable photos!
    > >
    > >The only 2 programs that have managed to find the photos on the cd are
    > >CDR Diagnostic v1.7.2 and Photorecovery.
    > >
    > >Both programs need payment before any copying can be done. I have
    > >tried the usual dubious crack sites (astalavista etc) but no luck with
    > >a crack or serial.
    > >
    > >I was wondering if anyone knew of a free program that would recover
    > >the photos and could point me in the right direction.
    > >
    > >Thanks in advance to any techies out there

    > As an update to my problem, I used BadCopy Pro v3.70 to recover my
    > files.
    >
    > An excellent program indeed!
    >
    > Thanks to the guys who tried to help me - it was much appreciated
    >

    > Fred

    After I read your post I tried "Bad Copy" as well. Great program! I had a corrupt CD with many photos on it. Had tried other programs to no avail. Now I have all my photos back, and have retored a files from a couple other CD's a well!
    Florence Donaldson, Jul 9, 2003