    not have any BIOS software. What can I do?

    TIA
    Mike
    Mike, Apr 14, 2005

  2. Mike

    Adam Leinss Guest

    "Mike" <> wrote in
    news::

    > I have an old PIII, that has Award BIOS m6sba v1.4, pci/pnp 686.
    > This PC was given to me with no documentation. The BIOS has become
    > corrupted. I do not have any BIOS software. What can I do?

    Some motherboards have a "recovery jumper" you can set. You can then
    put the copy of the BIOS ROM on a floppy disk, insert into the computer
    and reboot it. It should then flash the ROM from the diskette. You
    normally won't get video or anything, but perhaps a beep to let you
    know when it's done flashing the BIOS.

    Of course you need another computer to do this on and you need to find
    the BIOS ROM code (i.e. flash update) for that specific motherboard.

    I found the manual via a Google search:
    ftp://ftp.biostar-usa.com/manuals/M6SBA/M6SBAmanual.pdf. Unforunately,
    I don't see the recovery jumper feature (probably too old to have it).

    Good luck.

    Adam
    Adam Leinss, Apr 15, 2005