    plug-ins available that will let me do this correction? Also, I haven't
    installed any plug-ins for PSP - how is it done if I find a suitable one?

    Pete S...
    Pete Schultz, Jun 16, 2005

  2. On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:58:11 -0500, Pete Schultz <>
    wrote:

    >I have some photos that suffer from mild vignetting (drop off of
    >brightness/luminance near the edges). My photo editing software is Paint
    >Shop Pro 8 but it doesn't have any option for this. Are there any
    >plug-ins available that will let me do this correction? Also, I haven't
    >installed any plug-ins for PSP - how is it done if I find a suitable one?

    Photoshop CS2 let you correct vignetting while processing the raw
    file.

    "The condition of civil affairs in Texas is anomalous,
    singular, and unsatisfactory."

    Maj. Gen. Philip H. Sherdan
    Bvt. Maj. Gen. John A. Rawlins
    November 14, 1866
    John A. Stovall, Jun 16, 2005

  3. Pete Schultz

    Pete S... Guest

    John A. Stovall wrote:
    > On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:58:11 -0500, Pete Schultz <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>I have some photos that suffer from mild vignetting (drop off of
    >>brightness/luminance near the edges). My photo editing software is Paint
    >>Shop Pro 8 but it doesn't have any option for this. Are there any
    >>plug-ins available that will let me do this correction? Also, I haven't
    >>installed any plug-ins for PSP - how is it done if I find a suitable one?

    > Photoshop CS2 let you correct vignetting while processing the raw
    > file.

    Unfortunately I don't have Photoshop CS2, only Paint Shop Pro. PSP is
    considerably less expensive of the two and for the most part handles all
    the other functions I do quite well.

    Pete S...
    Pete S..., Jun 16, 2005
  4. Pete S... wrote:
    > John A. Stovall wrote:
    >> On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 21:58:11 -0500, Pete Schultz <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>> I have some photos that suffer from mild vignetting (drop off of
    >>> brightness/luminance near the edges). My photo editing software is
    >>> Paint Shop Pro 8 but it doesn't have any option for this. Are
    >>> there any plug-ins available that will let me do this correction?
    >>> Also, I haven't installed any plug-ins for PSP - how is it done if
    >>> I find a suitable one?

    >> Photoshop CS2 let you correct vignetting while processing the raw
    >> file.
    >>

    >> ********************************************************

    > Unfortunately I don't have Photoshop CS2, only Paint Shop Pro. PSP is
    > considerably less expensive of the two and for the most part handles
    > all the other functions I do quite well.
    >
    > Pete S...

    I have long corrected this problem in slide scans and digital photos by
    adding a layer, then using the gradient tool to create a gray (center)
    to white circular fill eyeballed to counter the vignetting. Set the
    gradient layer mode to 'soft light' or 'overlay' (in Photoshop, not sure
    of the equivalent in PSP) and then futz the opacity to taste.

    Usually works better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick...

    Bob ^,,^
    Bob Harrington, Jun 17, 2005