    picture that has bad camera shake? I once saw in a book a picture that
    had been taken from a moving vehicle, then computer manipulated to
    remove the blur entirely.

    Dave W, Jan 29, 2007

  2. Dave W wrote:
    > Is there any filter, user-defined or downloadable, that can improve a
    > picture that has bad camera shake? I once saw in a book a picture that
    > had been taken from a moving vehicle, then computer manipulated to
    > remove the blur entirely.

    You could try:

    http://www.hamangia.freeserve.co.uk/Unshake/UnshakeIndex.html

    David

    David J Taylor, Jan 29, 2007

  3. Dave W

    Ken Weitzel Guest

    Dave W wrote:
    > Is there any filter, user-defined or downloadable, that can improve a
    > picture that has bad camera shake? I once saw in a book a picture that
    > had been taken from a moving vehicle, then computer manipulated to
    > remove the blur entirely.

    Hi...

    Focus magic has a "motion blur" correction filter...

    It might be worthwhile trying, if the camera was moving in only one
    direction (as it would be from a moving vehicle) at the moment of
    exposure...

    Take care.

    Ken

    Ken Weitzel, Jan 29, 2007
  4. Dave W

    AustinMN Guest

    On Jan 29, 10:33 am, "Dave W" <> wrote:
    > Is there any filter, user-defined or downloadable, that can improve a
    > picture that has bad camera shake? I once saw in a book a picture that
    > had been taken from a moving vehicle, then computer manipulated to
    > remove the blur entirely.

    Previous responses notwithstanding, I usually find it easier to go
    back, stop, and get out of the moving vehicle, then re-shoot the
    picture.

    Austin

    AustinMN, Jan 29, 2007
  5. Dave W

    Ken Lucke Guest

    In article <>,
    AustinMN <> wrote:

    > On Jan 29, 10:33 am, "Dave W" <> wrote:
    > > Is there any filter, user-defined or downloadable, that can improve a
    > > picture that has bad camera shake? I once saw in a book a picture that
    > > had been taken from a moving vehicle, then computer manipulated to
    > > remove the blur entirely.

    > Previous responses notwithstanding, I usually find it easier to go
    > back, stop, and get out of the moving vehicle, then re-shoot the
    > picture.
    >
    > Austin

    There are Photoshop plugins to do this, but none of them (by the very
    nature off the beast, so to speak) are 100% effective, simply because
    they have to make a "best guess" at some of the information.

    independence.
    -- Charles A. Beard

    Ken Lucke, Jan 29, 2007
  6. Dave W

    bugbear Guest

    David J Taylor wrote:
    > Dave W wrote:
    >> Is there any filter, user-defined or downloadable, that can improve a
    >> picture that has bad camera shake? I once saw in a book a picture that
    >> had been taken from a moving vehicle, then computer manipulated to
    >> remove the blur entirely.

    > You could try:
    >
    > http://www.hamangia.freeserve.co.uk/Unshake/UnshakeIndex.html

    Hmm. The existence/possibility of such a filter implies
    a new approach to tripods/monopods/IS

    A "high mass" camera may not be static (in space)
    but it probably moves in a contant way, due to inertia.

    So simply bolt a few kilos of lead to your camera.

    A good de-motion-blur filter should be able
    to remove such a "simple" error quite well.

    BugBear

    bugbear, Jan 30, 2007
  7. bugbear wrote:
    > David J Taylor wrote:
    >> Dave W wrote:
    >>> Is there any filter, user-defined or downloadable, that can improve
    >>> a picture that has bad camera shake? I once saw in a book a picture
    >>> that had been taken from a moving vehicle, then computer
    >>> manipulated to remove the blur entirely.

    >> You could try:
    >>
    >> http://www.hamangia.freeserve.co.uk/Unshake/UnshakeIndex.html

    > Hmm. The existence/possibility of such a filter implies
    > a new approach to tripods/monopods/IS
    >
    > A "high mass" camera may not be static (in space)
    > but it probably moves in a contant way, due to inertia.
    >
    > So simply bolt a few kilos of lead to your camera.
    >
    > A good de-motion-blur filter should be able
    > to remove such a "simple" error quite well.
    >
    > BugBear

    But, and it's a big but, the unshake operation will increase the visible
    picture noise. Look at the samples on his Web page.

    David

    David J Taylor, Jan 30, 2007