Corporate Version:-)

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by John, Aug 14, 2004.

  1. John

    John Guest

    "Ron Martell" <> wrote in message
    > "teh big gazzy¬g" <> wrote:

    snip

    > No such thing as a "corporate" version of Windows XP.
    >
    > That misnomer is sometimes used in conjunction with a volume licensed
    > version of XP.

    The above I snipped from a reply to another post made me smile.

    Corporations tend to buy a "corporate" version of XP.

    becomes...

    Corporations tend to buy a "volume licensed" version of XP.

    "Corporate Version" is concise name for the version, so why be so pedantic?
    John, Aug 14, 2004

  2. John wrote:

    > "Ron Martell" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>"teh big gazzy¬g" <> wrote:
    >>

    > snip
    >
    >>No such thing as a "corporate" version of Windows XP.
    >>
    >>That misnomer is sometimes used in conjunction with a volume licensed
    >>version of XP.
    >>

    > The above I snipped from a reply to another post made me smile.
    >
    > Corporations tend to buy a "corporate" version of XP.
    >
    > becomes...
    >
    > Corporations tend to buy a "volume licensed" version of XP.
    >
    > "Corporate Version" is concise name for the version, so why be so pedantic?

    Pedantry can be amusing.
    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=, Aug 14, 2004

  3. John

    JJO Guest

    "Rôgêr" <> wrote in message
    > John wrote:
    >
    >> "Ron Martell" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>"teh big gazzy¬g" <> wrote:
    >>>

    >> snip
    >>
    >>>No such thing as a "corporate" version of Windows XP.
    >>>
    >>>That misnomer is sometimes used in conjunction with a volume licensed
    >>>version of XP.
    >>>

    >> The above I snipped from a reply to another post made me smile.
    >>
    >> Corporations tend to buy a "corporate" version of XP.
    >>
    >> becomes...
    >>
    >> Corporations tend to buy a "volume licensed" version of XP.
    >>
    >> "Corporate Version" is concise name for the version, so why be so
    >> pedantic?

    > Pedantry can be amusing.

    Sounds like the name of a new reality show. That's not on the fall lineup is
    it? Kind of like Outback Jack..Pedantic Pete. I know we are all illiterate
    peasants.

    Regards,
    JJO
    JJO, Aug 14, 2004
  4. John

    Max Guest

    In article <411dd201$0$20243$>, John
    <> wrote:

    > "Ron Martell" <> wrote in message
    > > "teh big gazzy¬g" <> wrote:
    > >

    > snip
    > >
    > > No such thing as a "corporate" version of Windows XP.
    > >
    > > That misnomer is sometimes used in conjunction with a volume licensed
    > > version of XP.
    > >

    > The above I snipped from a reply to another post made me smile.
    >
    > Corporations tend to buy a "corporate" version of XP.
    >
    > becomes...
    >
    > Corporations tend to buy a "volume licensed" version of XP.
    >
    > "Corporate Version" is concise name for the version, so why be so pedantic?

    Because people that do not know exactly what the options and version
    choices are might think there was yet another version of the program to
    be purchased.
    There are many things that could be made specifically for a corporate
    version that would be different from simply a volume license for any
    version. "Volume license" doesn't say anything about the version or
    package-- just that there were many sold.
    Some might suggest that Windows has always been made much more for the
    corporate environment than for the home user anyway.
    Max, Aug 16, 2004