    MCSA? Isnt the 70-270 basically the same as the MCDST?

    Tim Stewart

    MCDST

    Tim Stewart, Apr 11, 2006

  2. Tim Stewart

    Garth H Guest

    your mcdst counts as your elective, but you still need 270,290, & 291
    for MCSA

    --
    Garth H

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Macromedia Certified Developer

    Garth H, Apr 11, 2006

  3. Tim Stewart

    Tim Stewart Guest

    Hey Thanks, I figured that but was hoping that maybe I was wrong! Thanks
    again. I guess I will take it soon so maybe what I have for the MCDST will
    help towards the 70-270 exam.

    Tim Stewart, Apr 12, 2006
  4. Tim Stewart

    Garth H Guest

    Yup, they're all connected.

    The suggested path that pops up here on a regular basis is..

    70-270 (XP)
    70-290 (2003 Manage & Maintain)
    70-291 (2003 Networking)<-- this blind sides almost everyone.

    MCSA 2003 is a good start. Add one more exam for Messaging
    Specialization, or two more for security.

    Good luck!

    Garth H, Apr 12, 2006