    this only apply to elective exams?

    Regards,

    Ciaran Fogarty.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2lhcmFuIEZvZ2FydHk=?=, Aug 9, 2007

  2. If you have an MCDST, that would include exams which ARE listed as potential
    core client exams, correct?
    --
    Wayne Anderson

    =?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgQW5kZXJzb24=?=, Aug 9, 2007

  3. Hi Wayne,

    thanks for your reply. Unfortunately no.

    MCDST comprises 2 exams

    Exam 70-271: Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows XP
    Operating System and

    Exam 70-272: Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on a
    Microsoft Windows XP Operating System

    none of which are listed as a core client for MCSE.

    The MCSE credential includes

    Exam 70-270: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP
    Professional.

    I think I'll just follow the track and sit this exam. It may include areas I
    haven't covered in MCDST.

    Regards.

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2lhcmFuIEZvZ2FydHk=?=, Aug 9, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?Q2lhcmFuIEZvZ2FydHk=?=

    catwalker63 Guest

    =?Utf-8?B?V2F5bmUgQW5kZXJzb24=?= <>
    prattled ceaselessly in

    > If you have an MCDST, that would include exams which ARE listed as
    > potential core client exams, correct?

    No it would not.

    --
    Catwalker
    MCNGP #43

    catwalker63, Aug 9, 2007
  5. =?Utf-8?B?Q2lhcmFuIEZvZ2FydHk=?=

    John R Guest

    "Ciaran Fogarty" <> wrote in message
    > Hi Wayne,
    >
    > thanks for your reply. Unfortunately no.
    >
    > MCDST comprises 2 exams
    >
    > Exam 70-271: Supporting Users and Troubleshooting a Microsoft Windows XP
    > Operating System and
    >
    > Exam 70-272: Supporting Users and Troubleshooting Desktop Applications on
    > Microsoft Windows XP Operating System
    >
    > none of which are listed as a core client for MCSE.
    >
    > The MCSE credential includes
    >
    > Exam 70-270: Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows
    > XP
    > Professional.
    >
    > I think I'll just follow the track and sit this exam. It may include areas
    > haven't covered in MCDST.
    >
    > Regards.

    MCDST satisfies the elective requirement for MCSA, but it does not satisfy
    anything for MCSE.

    271 which you have passed if you have MCDST is similar to 270, however 271
    looks at XP from a user/tech support standpoint, 270 looks at XP from an
    administrator viewpoint. Some material is very similar, some is very
    different.

    Hope that helps.

    John R

    John R