    can't be used with a desktop ?

    Thanks,
    B.

    Robert11, Nov 29, 2009

  2. Robert11

    Buffalo Guest

    Robert11 wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > Thinking of getting a Logitech Cordless Mouse for Desktop PC.
    >
    > See that some say "for notebooks"
    > Some models don't make this distinction.
    >
    > What are the differences, and any reason why one that is "for
    > notebooks" can't be used with a desktop ?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > B.

    No sure if the transmitting antennae can transmit as far with a laptop model
    as it can with a PC model.
    Just guessing here.
    Some folks have their PC tower quite away from there keypad location.
    Also, the laptop model is usually quite a bit smaller.

    Buffalo, Nov 29, 2009

  3. Robert11

    Bob Guest

    From OP: Re: Cordless Mouse ?

    Hi All,

    Thanks for all the info.

    Will probably get one.

    Bob

    Bob, Nov 29, 2009
  4. On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 11:23:03 -0600, philo <> wrote:

    >Robert11 wrote:
    >> Hello,
    >>
    >> Thinking of getting a Logitech Cordless Mouse for Desktop PC.
    >>
    >> See that some say "for notebooks"
    >> Some models don't make this distinction.
    >>
    >> What are the differences, and any reason why one that is "for notebooks"
    >> can't be used with a desktop ?
    >>
    >> Thanks,
    >> B.
    >>

    >The only comment I'll make is that I once had a cordless mouse and the
    >battery was *always* going dead...it was horrible.

    I had a Microsoft cordless mouse. The batteries only lasted a few
    days. OTOH my colleague had the same type of mouse and the batteries
    lasted for months. I can only assume there is a production problem
    that allows such a huge variation.

    Steve

    Stephen Wolstenholme, Nov 29, 2009
  5. Robert11

    Jenn Guest

    Evan Platt wrote:
    > On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 12:53:24 -0600, philo <> wrote:
    >
    >> Good idea...
    >> but there must be a cordless mouse that has a charging cradle that
    >> you can set it on...in my opinion charging and changing batteries is
    >> a bigger PITA than a cord

    > Sorry, should have mentioned that. Yep, there are a number of them.
    > Some even have a USB connector on the front and you simply connect a
    > USB cable.
    >
    > I tried one with the cradle - it was inexpensive, and poorly designed.
    > I have a Targus rechargeable that uses the USB cable, but it goes to
    > sleep too often and is tough to wake up - requires you to click a
    > mouse button.
    > http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=202847827&listingid=5012461
    >
    > The Microsoft 5000 will wake up with simply movement, which leads me
    > to believe it's never really asleep but simply in low power, but still
    > performance and battery life is good.

    I'm currently using a GigaWare Wireless Optical Notebook mouse that I bought
    at Radio Shack about 2 yrs ago. I've never had to replace the batteries on
    it yet, but my laptop & wireless mouse doesn't get as much use as my desktop
    & mouse with a cable. I do like it though because it has an on/off switch
    and a small compartment where you can store the USB plugin that comes with
    it.

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)

    Jenn, Nov 29, 2009
  6. On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 10:24:38 -0800, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Sun, 29 Nov 2009 18:06:04 +0000, Stephen Wolstenholme
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>I had a Microsoft cordless mouse. The batteries only lasted a few
    >>days. OTOH my colleague had the same type of mouse and the batteries
    >>lasted for months. I can only assume there is a production problem
    >>that allows such a huge variation.

    >And you don't think maybe the batteries were the difference?

    We were using the same type of batteries. We did test all possible
    causes. We both used both mice for a few days. Only the one I bought
    had a problem.

    Steve

    Stephen Wolstenholme, Nov 29, 2009
  7. Robert11

    Jenn Guest

    WeReo_ScoTTy wrote:
    > "Jenn" <> wrote in message
    >> Evan Platt wrote:

    <snip>
    >> I'm currently using a GigaWare Wireless Optical Notebook mouse that I
    >> bought at Radio Shack about 2 yrs ago. I've never had to replace the
    >> batteries on it yet, but my laptop & wireless mouse doesn't get as
    >> much use as my desktop & mouse with a cable. I do like it though
    >> because it has an on/off switch and a small compartment where you
    >> can store the USB plugin that comes with it.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jenn (from Oklahoma)

    > We like you too.

    Nice to meet you! :)

    --
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)

    Jenn, Nov 29, 2009
  8. Robert11

    philo Guest

    Re: From OP: Re: Cordless Mouse ?

    Bob wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > Thanks for all the info.
    >
    > Will probably get one.
    >
    > Bob

    OK

    don't trip over the cord when you get it <G>

    philo, Nov 29, 2009