    a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
    that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
    cool. :)

    pixel, Dec 9, 2005

  2. pixel

    XP Guest

    On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:55:39 +1300, pixel <> wrote:

    >has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
    >of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
    >which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
    >a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
    >that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
    >cool. :)

    None are recommended for Games.

    XP, Dec 9, 2005

  3. pixel

    steve Guest

    pixel wrote:

    > has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
    > of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
    > which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
    > a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
    > that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
    > cool. :)

    I have the Microsoft cordless Explorer.

    Bloody good mouse. Works well with all my FPS, kill-or-be-killed games.

    USB attached, too.

    steve, Dec 9, 2005
  4. pixel

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "XP" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:55:39 +1300, pixel <> wrote:
    >
    >>has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
    >>of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
    >>which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
    >>a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
    >>that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
    >>cool. :)

    > None are recommended for Games.

    Crap for games, But i have Razer Plasma limited edition, does bloody good
    IMO

    KB

    Krazy Bob, Dec 9, 2005
  5. pixel

    Max Guest

    "steve" <> wrote in message
    > pixel wrote:
    >
    > > has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
    > > of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
    > > which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
    > > a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
    > > that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
    > > cool. :)

    > I have the Microsoft cordless Explorer.
    >
    > Bloody good mouse. Works well with all my FPS, kill-or-be-killed games.
    >
    > USB attached, too.
    >
    > \

    I have that too, but does have noticable lag. I prefer corded for precision
    work.

    Max, Dec 10, 2005
  6. pixel

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Krazy Bob wrote:
    > "XP" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:55:39 +1300, pixel <>
    >> wrote:
    >>> has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other
    >>> mice of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the
    >>> MX900 which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag
    >>> compared to a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but
    >>> i don't know if that's got anything to do with response time so any
    >>> feedback would be cool. :)

    >> None are recommended for Games.
    >>

    > Crap for games, But i have Razer Plasma limited edition, does bloody
    > good IMO

    And yet I've heard that the MX1000 is good for games. <shrug> That guy owned
    one too. You're always going to get debate in a NG, even over the most
    concrete of things.

    Try one from a place that will refund your money if unsatisfied?
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Dec 10, 2005
  7. pixel

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "~misfit~" <> wrote in message
    > Krazy Bob wrote:
    >> "XP" <> wrote in message
    >>>

    >>> None are recommended for Games.
    >>>

    >> Crap for games, But i have Razer Plasma limited edition, does bloody
    >> good IMO

    > And yet I've heard that the MX1000 is good for games. <shrug> That guy
    > owned one too. You're always going to get debate in a NG, even over the
    > most concrete of things.
    >
    > Try one from a place that will refund your money if unsatisfied?
    > --
    > ~misfit~

    EB Games, in manukau City offered me a 7day no questions asked money back if
    i wasn't happy with the mice, even if it was working perfectly.

    The manager there, told me mx1000 was good as a desktop / desktop publishing
    but not good for games because of the lag between the mice and the comp.

    Krazy Bob, Dec 10, 2005
  8. pixel

    steve Guest

    Max wrote:

    > "steve" <> wrote in message
    >> pixel wrote:
    >>
    >> > has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
    >> > of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
    >> > which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
    >> > a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
    >> > that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
    >> > cool. :)

    >> I have the Microsoft cordless Explorer.
    >>
    >> Bloody good mouse. Works well with all my FPS, kill-or-be-killed games.
    >>
    >> USB attached, too.
    >>
    >> \

    > I have that too, but does have noticable lag. I prefer corded for
    > precision work.

    OK....I'll have to keep an eye out and see if I notice any lag.

    steve, Dec 10, 2005
  9. pixel

    smf Guest

    Krazy Bob wrote:
    > "XP" <> wrote in message
    >> On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 10:55:39 +1300, pixel <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
    >>> of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
    >>> which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
    >>> a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
    >>> that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
    >>> cool. :)

    >> None are recommended for Games.
    >>

    > Crap for games, But i have Razer Plasma limited edition, does bloody good
    > IMO
    >
    > KB

    mmm me too .... awesome mouse ... unbeatable on a titan everglide
    surface too .... :)

    smf, Dec 10, 2005
  10. pixel

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 16:51:37 +1300, steve <> wrote:

    >Max wrote:
    >

    >> "steve" <> wrote in message

    >>> I have the Microsoft cordless Explorer.
    >>>
    >>> Bloody good mouse. Works well with all my FPS, kill-or-be-killed games.
    >>>
    >>> USB attached, too.
    >>>
    >>> \

    >> I have that too, but does have noticable lag. I prefer corded for
    >> precision work.

    >OK....I'll have to keep an eye out and see if I notice any lag.

    There's no reason why you can't have two mice plugged in, a cordless for general
    work, and a corded for precision work.

    Craig Shore, Dec 10, 2005
  11. pixel

    Krazy Bob Guest

    "smf" <time.enough***@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > Krazy Bob wrote:
    >> "XP" <> wrote in message

    >>> None are recommended for Games.
    >>>

    >> Crap for games, But i have Razer Plasma limited edition, does bloody good
    >> IMO
    >>
    >> KB

    > mmm me too .... awesome mouse ... unbeatable on a titan everglide surface
    > too .... :)

    also like the customisable bottons on the mouse, very handy when in FPS
    games, also like the macro's when u can set two three key combinations :p

    Krazy Bob, Dec 10, 2005
  12. pixel

    smf Guest

    Krazy Bob wrote:
    > "smf" <time.enough***@gmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Krazy Bob wrote:
    >>> "XP" <> wrote in message

    >>> Crap for games, But i have Razer Plasma limited edition, does bloody good
    >>> IMO
    >>>
    >>> KB

    >> mmm me too .... awesome mouse ... unbeatable on a titan everglide surface
    >> too .... :)

    > also like the customisable bottons on the mouse, very handy when in FPS
    > games, also like the macro's when u can set two three key combinations :p

    actually - that is something I have noticed - the razor software is a
    damned site better than the logitech software. I had nothing but
    problems with that installed.... mouse just locking up - scrolls that
    would not stop .... urgh..

    I totally love my razor :)
    I mean, it even glows blue in the dark ... what more could you want?

    smf, Dec 10, 2005
  13. pixel

    > Krazy Bob wrote:
    >> "smf" <time.enough***@gmail.com> wrote in message

    >>> mmm me too .... awesome mouse ... unbeatable on a titan everglide
    >>> surface too .... :)

    >> also like the customisable bottons on the mouse, very handy when in FPS
    >> games, also like the macro's when u can set two three key combinations
    >> :p

    > actually - that is something I have noticed - the razor software is a
    > damned site better than the logitech software. I had nothing but problems
    > with that installed.... mouse just locking up - scrolls that would not
    > stop .... urgh..
    >
    > I totally love my razor :)
    > I mean, it even glows blue in the dark ... what more could you want?

    LOL...yea, the red one, even tho it has 2000dpi does not site right with me,
    so the blue is better colour for me, and call me a n00b but there is a
    combination where jumping and going prone at the same time gives you the
    effect of dolphin diving and basically distracting your opponent and killing
    them before they call kill you. very cheap i no but soo much fun with 1
    repetive click of the side button.

    KB

    Krazy Bob, Dec 10, 2005
  14. pixel

    steve Guest

    Craig Shore wrote:

    > There's no reason why you can't have two mice plugged in, a cordless for
    > general work, and a corded for precision work.

    Good idea. :)

    steve, Dec 10, 2005
  15. pixel

    XP Guest

    On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 11:19:38 +1300, steve <> wrote:

    >pixel wrote:
    >
    >> has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
    >> of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
    >> which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
    >> a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
    >> that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
    >> cool. :)

    >I have the Microsoft cordless Explorer.
    >
    >Bloody good mouse. Works well with all my FPS, kill-or-be-killed games.
    >
    >USB attached, too.

    They all have a battery saving feature that turns the mouse off, it takes a
    small delay to turn it back on, go read the Real reviews about this..

    XP, Dec 10, 2005
  16. pixel

    MarkH Guest

    pixel <> wrote in news:dncud5$klq$:

    > has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
    > of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
    > which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
    > a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
    > that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
    > cool. :)

    I have a Logitech MX1000 and am quite happy with its performance for
    everything including games.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    Maskerade

    MarkH, Dec 10, 2005
  17. pixel

    MarkH Guest

    XP <> wrote in

    > They all have a battery saving feature that turns the mouse off, it
    > takes a small delay to turn it back on, go read the Real reviews about
    > this..

    Are these the reviews that you cannot provide links to? My MX1000 turns
    off when it is not moved for a few seconds (about 8 seconds), but I cannot
    detect the lag when I move the mouse. Maybe the mouse responds so quickly
    that I cannot notice the lag time, it certainly seems that way to me.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    Maskerade

    MarkH, Dec 10, 2005
  18. pixel

    Jerry Guest

    XP wrote:
    > On Sat, 10 Dec 2005 11:19:38 +1300, steve <> wrote:
    >

    >>pixel wrote:
    >>

    >>>has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
    >>>of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
    >>>which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
    >>>a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
    >>>that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
    >>>cool. :)

    >>I have the Microsoft cordless Explorer.
    >>
    >>Bloody good mouse. Works well with all my FPS, kill-or-be-killed games.
    >>
    >>USB attached, too.
    >>

    > They all have a battery saving feature that turns the mouse off, it takes a
    > small delay to turn it back on, go read the Real reviews about this..

    The mouse only turns off after it hasn't been used for a while.
    Normally when you are playing an fps there will be few if any times
    where you won't be moving the mouse for 10 seconds or so, and the
    battery saving function won't affect your game.

    I had the original intellimouse cordless, but the batteries wouldn't
    last a week. I have one computer now with a standard Microsoft cordless
    mouse, and it works fine. I don't notice any lag at all.

    Jerry, Dec 10, 2005
  19. pixel

    Bret Guest

    On Sun, 11 Dec 2005 08:03:18 +1300, Jerry <>
    wrote:

    >XP wrote:

    >>>I have the Microsoft cordless Explorer.
    >>>
    >>>Bloody good mouse. Works well with all my FPS, kill-or-be-killed games.
    >>>
    >>>USB attached, too.
    >>>

    >> They all have a battery saving feature that turns the mouse off, it takes a
    >> small delay to turn it back on, go read the Real reviews about this..

    >The mouse only turns off after it hasn't been used for a while.
    >Normally when you are playing an fps there will be few if any times
    >where you won't be moving the mouse for 10 seconds or so, and the
    >battery saving function won't affect your game.
    >
    >I had the original intellimouse cordless, but the batteries wouldn't
    >last a week. I have one computer now with a standard Microsoft cordless
    >mouse, and it works fine. I don't notice any lag at all.

    Fine mice for FPS, I don't have any problems using a wireless mouse,
    should we invite Roger to a frag session :)

    Bret, Dec 10, 2005
  20. pixel

    Richard Guest

    pixel wrote:
    > has anyone here used the logitech mx1000 cordless mouse, or other mice
    > of thise calibre...? my last experience with cordless was the MX900
    > which i thought was awful, basically there was too much lag compared to
    > a wired mouse. the mx1000 uses laser instead of led but i don't know if
    > that's got anything to do with response time so any feedback would be
    > cool. :)

    The propriatory wireless mice I have used recently have being bearable, slight
    lag lead to me overshooting buttons etc, noway near the lag I experianced using
    the TV out of the computer on an lcd tv, and some people are able to game on the
    xbox like that with no ill effect so perhaps it doesnt matter for some people?

    Anyway, the worst by far I have used was a bluetooth mouse and keyboard. You
    could detect lag on the keys too.

    Richard, Dec 10, 2005