    movements? And how far away can you use them? I'm thinking of sitting
    back on the sofa and using them. Thanks for any insight.
    , Aug 28, 2003

  2. Smoker Guest

    <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm thinking of buying a cordless keyboard/mouse set. How reliable are
    > these cordless units? I believe they originally were infrared. I'm
    > looking at radio controlled. Do they skip a lot of key strokes or mouse
    > movements? And how far away can you use them? I'm thinking of sitting
    > back on the sofa and using them. Thanks for any insight.

    I don't have a set but both keyboard and mouse are radio. Never had any
    problems. Keyboard batteries last a long time (6 months or so, I guess it
    depends on how much you type), mouse batteries last me about 2 months. I use
    rechargeable batteries. The mouse is Logitech and good for 6 feet. Keyboard
    is Silitek and good for 20 to 30 feet.
    Smoker, Aug 28, 2003

  3. Richard Guest

    wrote:>>

    > I'm thinking of buying a cordless keyboard/mouse set. How reliable are
    > these cordless units? I believe they originally were infrared. I'm
    > looking at radio controlled. Do they skip a lot of key strokes or mouse
    > movements? And how far away can you use them? I'm thinking of sitting
    > back on the sofa and using them. Thanks for any insight.

    I use the logitech cordless mouse with trackball. Never had any problems
    with it.
    I had the cordless keyboard but when I went to switch it to another
    computer, it refused to work.
    Other people have had similar problems with the keyboard.
    Logiotech's versions are radio.
    Richard, Aug 28, 2003
  4. Steve Knight Guest

    >I use the logitech cordless mouse with trackball. Never had any problems
    >with it.
    >I had the cordless keyboard but when I went to switch it to another
    >computer, it refused to work.
    >Other people have had similar problems with the keyboard.
    >Logiotech's versions are radio.

    I got the microsoft mouse in a trade. I was disappointed I got maybe three weeks
    out of a set of good batteries. regharables would have been even less. of course
    I had heard that it ate batteries after I did the trade.

    --
    Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
    Steve Knight, Aug 28, 2003
  5. Msfan Guest

    wrote:

    > I'm thinking of buying a cordless keyboard/mouse set. How reliable are
    > these cordless units? I believe they originally were infrared. I'm
    > looking at radio controlled. Do they skip a lot of key strokes or mouse
    > movements? And how far away can you use them? I'm thinking of sitting
    > back on the sofa and using them. Thanks for any insight.

    I had a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse and got tired of it loosing
    sync, i broke them and will never use wireless again untill they are fixed.
    it would loose connection sometimes. change battery was how to fix cus
    the batteries were dead i guess, but sometimes it would not help. and
    you'd have to re sync them. othertimes it wouldn't work at all neither
    battery or re sync, so i got really poed and broke them.
    Msfan, Aug 28, 2003
  6. Ed Guest

    "Msfan" <> wrote in message
    > wrote:
    >
    > > I'm thinking of buying a cordless keyboard/mouse set. How reliable are
    > > these cordless units? I believe they originally were infrared. I'm
    > > looking at radio controlled. Do they skip a lot of key strokes or mouse
    > > movements? And how far away can you use them? I'm thinking of sitting
    > > back on the sofa and using them. Thanks for any insight.
    > >

    > I had a logitech wireless keyboard and mouse and got tired of it loosing
    > sync, i broke them and will never use wireless again untill they are

    fixed.
    > it would loose connection sometimes. change battery was how to fix cus
    > the batteries were dead i guess, but sometimes it would not help. and
    > you'd have to re sync them. othertimes it wouldn't work at all neither
    > battery or re sync, so i got really poed and broke them.

    I'm using the Logitech cordless mouse right now... it's okay for web surfing
    etc but SUCKS for graphics editing when the batteries are losing power.
    Ed, Aug 28, 2003
  7. On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 01:02:04 -0400, While I was using pressure to stop
    the bleeding, posted:
    ..
    >I'm thinking of buying a cordless keyboard/mouse set. How reliable are
    >these cordless units? I believe they originally were infrared. I'm
    >looking at radio controlled. Do they skip a lot of key strokes or mouse
    >movements? And how far away can you use them? I'm thinking of sitting
    >back on the sofa and using them. Thanks for any insight.

    I am very happy with my Logitech optical mouse. It does eat batteries
    (one change per month) but tracks very well.

    I can use it from across the room (15 feet) and behind the couch.
    Bill Schowengerdt, Aug 29, 2003
  8. Patrick Guest

    wrote:
    > What do they use for batteries?

    Fish n Chips ! :)

    Patrick, Aug 29, 2003
  9. Kraftee Guest

    wrote:
    > What do they use for batteries?

    Well my optical mouse uses AA x 2 but my balled mouse (oooer mrs) uses
    AAA x 2 (both Logitech tail less of course)

    ..

    --
    B-)
    Life is pain.....
    Kraftee, Aug 29, 2003
  10. 2 AAs

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 23:29:00 -0400, While I was using pressure to stop
    the bleeding, posted:
    ..

    Bill Schowengerdt, Aug 29, 2003
  11. I've got Logitech cordless mouse and key board. Works very well, I change
    the batteries, once every 3-4 months I think. You can use them around 10
    meters away, well I do anyway. ive had no complaints, so go for it!

    Look in my eyes and you'll find me, Aug 29, 2003
  12. Mellowed Guest

    I use the Logitech MX700 Cordless mouse. It has its own charging stand for
    the internal NIMH battery. I've had no problems and no battery changes. It
    is a bit pricey at $70. But, for us it was worth it.

    :
    Mellowed, Aug 29, 2003
  13. Steve Knight Guest

    On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 14:00:42 -0700, "Mellowed" <> wrote:

    >I use the Logitech MX700 Cordless mouse. It has its own charging stand for
    >the internal NIMH battery. I've had no problems and no battery changes. It
    >is a bit pricey at $70. But, for us it was worth it.

    it's silly they all don't have this feature. but I think it is kept back to save
    money or just so they can come out with a new and improved version.

    --
    Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
    Steve Knight, Aug 30, 2003
  14. On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 08:40:50 +0100, While I was using pressure to stop
    the bleeding, "Kraftee" <> posted:
    ..
    >Bill Schowengerdt wrote:
    >> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 01:02:04 -0400, While I was using pressure to
    >> stop the bleeding, posted:
    >> .
    >>> I'm thinking of buying a cordless keyboard/mouse set. How reliable
    >>> are these cordless units? I believe they originally were infrared.
    >>> I'm looking at radio controlled. Do they skip a lot of key strokes
    >>> or mouse movements? And how far away can you use them? I'm
    >>> thinking of sitting back on the sofa and using them. Thanks for
    >>> any insight.

    >> I am very happy with my Logitech optical mouse. It does eat
    >> batteries (one change per month) but tracks very well.
    >>
    >> I can use it from across the room (15 feet) and behind the couch.

    >What were you doing behind the couch?????

    The couch is about 5 feet from the wall at the end of the long narrow
    living room. That means that there is a sort of private carpeted space
    behind the couch.

    So... When my woman arived home from work, I.........

    And that is how the cordless mouse/computer were involved. :)
    Bill Schowengerdt, Aug 30, 2003