    using radio equipment and I do not want interference from near radio waves
    can someone tell me what frequency these operate on?
    Melv

    Melv, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Melv wrote:
    > Am considering getting a cordless keyboard/mouse however my hobby
    > involves using radio equipment and I do not want interference from
    > near radio waves can someone tell me what frequency these operate on?
    > Melv

    This shouldn't be a major problem. There is usually some kind of a
    regulatory agency in most countries that determines what products can use
    which frequency.

    FWIIW, I am using a Logitech cordless mouse in the same room as a Scientific
    American TV remote control, a Sony AM/FM reciever, and a GE cordless
    telephone. Everything works fine.
    --
    HTH

    George Richards, Nov 26, 2003

  3. Melv

    Melv Guest

    Thanks for that.

    Melv, Nov 26, 2003
  4. Melv wrote:

    > Am considering getting a cordless keyboard/mouse however my hobby involves
    > using radio equipment and I do not want interference from near radio waves
    > can someone tell me what frequency these operate on?
    > Melv

    Don't those use the infrared part of the spectrum, rather than lower
    frequencies?
    --
    Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

    Gary G. Taylor, Nov 27, 2003
  5. On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:50:49 -0500, Gary G. Taylor wrote
    (in message <dEdxb.26464$>):

    > From: "Gary G. Taylor" <>
    > Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >
    > Melv wrote:
    >
    >> Am considering getting a cordless keyboard/mouse however my hobby involves
    >> using radio equipment and I do not want interference from near radio waves
    >> can someone tell me what frequency these operate on?
    >> Melv
    >>

    > Don't those use the infrared part of the spectrum, rather than lower
    > frequencies?

    Ok, I've looked up the technical specs for a cordless mouse, and it says that
    they operate on the frequency of 5250 Hz.

    William Rodriguez, Nov 28, 2003
  6. Melv

    Mellowed Guest

    Gees, that is sure a 'kick ass' frequency.

    "William Rodriguez" <> wrote in message
    : On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:50:49 -0500, Gary G. Taylor wrote
    : (in message <dEdxb.26464$>):
    :
    : > From: "Gary G. Taylor" <>
    : > Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    : >
    : > Melv wrote:
    : >
    : >> Am considering getting a cordless keyboard/mouse however my hobby
    involves
    : >> using radio equipment and I do not want interference from near radio
    waves
    : >> can someone tell me what frequency these operate on?
    : >> Melv
    : >>
    : >>

    Mellowed, Nov 29, 2003
  7. Melv

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:16:47 GMT, William Rodriguez <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:50:49 -0500, Gary G. Taylor wrote
    >(in message <dEdxb.26464$>):
    >
    >> From: "Gary G. Taylor" <>
    >> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    >>
    >> Melv wrote:
    >>
    >>> Am considering getting a cordless keyboard/mouse however my hobby involves
    >>> using radio equipment and I do not want interference from near radio waves
    >>> can someone tell me what frequency these operate on?
    >>> Melv
    >>>

    >> Don't those use the infrared part of the spectrum, rather than lower
    >> frequencies?
    >>

    >Ok, I've looked up the technical specs for a cordless mouse, and it says that
    >they operate on the frequency of 5250 Hz.

    Unlikely they would work on an audio frequency.
    Some operate at 27 Mhz which is wiped out by CB radio.
    Some operate at 2.4 Ghz which should be pretty safe.

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, Nov 29, 2003
  8. Melv

    Mellowed Guest

    Agreed. I was thinking he meant 5250 MHz, or, 5.250GHz

    <> wrote:
    :
    : >On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 21:50:49 -0500, Gary G. Taylor wrote
    : >(in message <dEdxb.26464$>):
    : >
    : >> From: "Gary G. Taylor" <>
    : >> Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
    : >>
    : >> Melv wrote:
    : >>
    : >>> Am considering getting a cordless keyboard/mouse however my hobby
    involves
    : >>> using radio equipment and I do not want interference from near radio
    waves
    : >>> can someone tell me what frequency these operate on?
    : >>> Melv
    : >>>
    : >>>
    : >> Don't those use the infrared part of the spectrum, rather than lower
    : >> frequencies?
    : >>
    : >
    : >Ok, I've looked up the technical specs for a cordless mouse, and it says
    that
    : >they operate on the frequency of 5250 Hz.
    :
    : Unlikely they would work on an audio frequency.
    : Some operate at 27 Mhz which is wiped out by CB radio.
    : Some operate at 2.4 Ghz which should be pretty safe.
    :
    :
    : -Barry
    : Web page: http://members.optusnet.com.au/~barry.og
    : Atheist, radio scanner, LIPD information.

    Mellowed, Nov 29, 2003