    What's a good reliable cordless keyboard and mouse combination, that's
    not too tough on batteries?
    , Feb 2, 2004

  2. I have the logitech set, and the mouse is a battery monster. It works well
    for me though.

    My friend uses it also, and the mouse has a mind of it's own, jumping to and
    fro. We haven't found a way to fix it yet, he'll probably trash it. It's
    horrible.

    I don't think I'd buy another Logitech for those reasons.

    Linda

    nonewz_is_goodnewz, Feb 2, 2004

  3. claus per Guest

    <> schreef in bericht

    claus per, Feb 2, 2004
  4. Senti Guest

    did mumble

    > What's a good reliable cordless keyboard and mouse combination, that's
    > not too tough on batteries?

    I'm using Microsofts Wireless Desktop Pro set. I've had it since last
    summer. I'm using Pure Energy rechargeable batteries in both the keyboard
    and the mouse. The batteries in the keyboard haven't needed recharging
    since last summer. The mouse batteries need to be recharged every 2 or 3
    weeks.

    --
    ~SF~
    Profanity is the crutch of a conversational cripple. -Jay Alexander
    Senti, Feb 2, 2004
  5. Bay0Wulf Guest

    <SNIP>
    > My friend uses it also, and the mouse has a mind of it's own, jumping to

    and
    > fro. We haven't found a way to fix it yet, he'll probably trash it. It's
    > horrible.
    >
    > I don't think I'd buy another Logitech for those reasons.

    You should get in touch with Logitech ... if you haven't already done so ...
    their support has been outstanding for me in the past.
    - Bay0Wulf
    Bay0Wulf, Feb 2, 2004
  6. lafftrax Guest

    claus per wrote:
    > <> schreef in bericht
    >
    >>What's a good reliable cordless keyboard and mouse combination, that's
    >>not too tough on batteries?

    Try the gyration Ultra set, I've got it and it works great, rechargeable
    battery and recharging cradle, keyboard is store bought batteries tho'
    http://www.gyration.com/default.asp

    --
    Remove yourclothes to reply
    lafftrax, Feb 2, 2004
  7. Aunt Agatha Guest

    I have a Logitech set too, for a year now. No changing batteries for the
    keyboard, twice for the mouse. Set in use: six days a week., under XP home
    on a Celeron 557mB (or 567?) machine with no problems. The same set did
    strange things on an XP home 2G machine (can't remember processor-type)
    HTH
    Aunt Agatha

    "nonewz_is_goodnewz" <> schreef in
    bericht news:7usTb.166093$nt4.749049@attbi_s51...

    Aunt Agatha, Feb 2, 2004
  8. DT Guest

    , Once upon a time in a land far away was alleged to
    have said:
    > What's a good reliable cordless keyboard and mouse combination, that's
    > not too tough on batteries?

    Just purchased a Micro Innovations wireless keyboard/mouse set from
    local Staples. On sale this week for $39.94 with a $15 mail-in rebate.
    Thought the price was right so I am giving it a try. I actually
    installed it about 30 minutes ago. So far, so good. The keyboard
    includes a number of "hot buttons" for internet and sound control. Mouse
    is 5 button optical. So far everything works as promised.

    Instructions claim batteries should last app. 6 months. Keyboard has a
    good feel.+

    --

    Alcohol and calculus don't mix. Never drink and derive.
    DT, Feb 2, 2004