Cordia VOIP ?

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by Moe, Dec 11, 2005.

  1. Moe

    Moe Guest

    http://www.cordiaip.com/
    I never heard of them either, but I signed up with Cordia for VOIP four
    months ago. It was the only VOIP I found avalible for my area code.
    Plugged the box into the router hooked up a phone and it worked first
    time and so far so good, I had an issue with calling out once, e-mailed
    the company and they were right on it and had it fixed in a couple of
    hours. I dropped my landline phone three months ago. At least a 100
    bucks saved so far. I chose the 14.95/mo plan = 500 minutes since I
    don't use the phone much. I was getting tired of the phone company and
    the government tacking on taxes and fees, special services etc. seemed
    like something new every month. My basic phone service was supposed to
    be under 18 dollars a month plus 5 dollars a month for 200 minutes of
    LD, but after everything was added on it was consistanly over 40 dollars
    a month.
    The only difference I've noticed is when dialing out, it takes a
    while for the answering party's phone to start ringing. Is this common
    with all or most VOIP?
    Also I use cable modem Cox, I've read something about deep packet
    searching and that some internet providers may move to restrict VOIP in
    the future, since Cox doesn't offer VOIP in this city I'm not to worried
    but curious if this might be a problem in the future.
    Also curious how secure VOIP is? If a person gives their credit card
    number or bank account number using a VOIP is it secure?
    All in all, changing to VOIP, I'd do it again and I can't say that
    for a lot of things I've done. I expect the government to start taxing
    VOIP eventually, they will find a way, they always do. In the meantime
    I enjoy not paying those damn taxes every month for what little I use
    the phone.
    I've been following CORG for a while and thinking of maybe investing
    a little in the stock. Anyone know anything about this company.
    Moe, Dec 11, 2005

  2. Moe

    Jim Holcomb Guest

    On 2005-12-11, Moe <> wrote:
    <snip>
    > The only difference I've noticed is when dialing out, it takes a
    > while for the answering party's phone to start ringing. Is this common
    > with all or most VOIP?

    </snip>

    Try adding a "#" after the last digit in the phone number you dial if
    you're dialing a 7 digit number.

    Jim
    Jim Holcomb, Dec 11, 2005

  3. Moe

    Moe Guest

    Jim Holcomb wrote:
    > On 2005-12-11, Moe <> wrote:
    > <snip>
    >
    >> The only difference I've noticed is when dialing out, it takes a
    >>while for the answering party's phone to start ringing. Is this common
    >>with all or most VOIP?

    > </snip>
    >
    > Try adding a "#" after the last digit in the phone number you dial if
    > you're dialing a 7 digit number.
    >
    > Jim

    Thanks,
    Funny thing happened the other day, my neighbor with a wire line
    came over to use my phone to call the phone company because his phone
    line had quit.
    Moe, Dec 14, 2005
  4. Moe

    gudines

    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2006
    Messages:
    2
    How do I change the password for SIPURA SPA-2002? CORDIA VOIP

    I bought SIPURA SPA-2002 from CORDIA and I want to change the ADMIN Password.

    How do I unlock it?

    I wait your help.

    Thanks
    Rodrigo