  1. troglodyte

    troglodyte Guest

    Aint cdr's cheap. they'll be givin em away soon

    troglodyte, Sep 28, 2004

  2. troglodyte

    steve Guest

    steve, Sep 28, 2004

  3. troglodyte

    Geronimo! Guest

    On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:31:12 +1200, "troglodyte" <> wrote:

    >Aint cdr's cheap. they'll be givin em away soon

    Yes the Crap ones are..

    Geronimo!, Sep 28, 2004
  4. troglodyte

    ~misfit~ Guest

    Geronimo! wrote:
    > On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:31:12 +1200, "troglodyte" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> Aint cdr's cheap. they'll be givin em away soon

    > Yes the Crap ones are..

    Yet another itteration of woger?

    I think a pre-emptive <plonk> is in order.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ~misfit~, Sep 28, 2004
  5. troglodyte

    EMB Guest

    Geronimo! wrote:
    > On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 11:31:12 +1200, "troglodyte" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Aint cdr's cheap. they'll be givin em away soon

    > Yes the Crap ones are..

    My burner writes the cheapies ok, and for non-archival use (like sending
    out software updates or transferring large files to people without a
    fast net connection) they suit me fine.

    Horses for courses Woger, try thinking before you post next time.

    --
    EMB
    change two to the number to reply

    EMB, Sep 28, 2004
  6. troglodyte

    thing Guest

    EMB wrote:
    8><---

    try thinking before you post next time.

    and change the habit of a lifetime?

    regards

    Thing

    thing, Sep 28, 2004
  7. troglodyte

    colinco Guest

    In article steve says...
    > I bought some cheap DSE CD-Rs recently.....and the fail rate of 1 in 5 discs
    > can't complete a write.
    >
    > With my Imation disks the fail rate might be 1 in 30.....low enough so I
    > don't keep count.

    Weren't the DSE CD-Rs just house brand Imations?

    colinco, Sep 29, 2004
  8. In article <> in nz.comp on
    Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:37:30 +1200, colinco <> says...
    > In article steve says...
    > > I bought some cheap DSE CD-Rs recently.....and the fail rate of 1 in 5 discs
    > > can't complete a write.
    > >
    > > With my Imation disks the fail rate might be 1 in 30.....low enough so I
    > > don't keep count.
    > >

    > Weren't the DSE CD-Rs just house brand Imations?

    Imation fail rate is probably still higher than Mitsubishi which DSE also
    sell and costs about the same.

    Patrick Dunford, Sep 30, 2004
  9. troglodyte

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "Patrick Dunford" <> wrote in message

    > Imation fail rate is probably still higher than Mitsubishi which DSE also
    > sell and costs about the same.

    Everything is relative. It's well known & accepted that different brands of
    media perform differently on different brands of burner. Having said that -
    buying cheap is ALWAYS a risky endeavour.

    My experience of Imations are about 2 fails per 100. And of those, usually 1
    was due to something I did badly.

    The other factor to consider is will the media (and data contained therein)
    be useable on ANY brand in 10 years - let alone 100 years as some of the
    manufacturers claim.

    Ryan Jacobs, Sep 30, 2004
  10. In article <> in nz.comp
    on Thu, 30 Sep 2004 13:35:53 +1200, Patrick Dunford
    <> says...
    > In article <> in nz.comp on
    > Thu, 30 Sep 2004 08:37:30 +1200, colinco <> says...
    > > In article steve says...
    > > > I bought some cheap DSE CD-Rs recently.....and the fail rate of 1 in 5 discs
    > > > can't complete a write.
    > > >
    > > > With my Imation disks the fail rate might be 1 in 30.....low enough so I
    > > > don't keep count.
    > > >

    > > Weren't the DSE CD-Rs just house brand Imations?

    Yes, saw some today, they are imation branded - could be a cheaper grade
    thought.

    Patrick Dunford, Sep 30, 2004
  11. In article <YyM6d.8241$>,
    "Ryan Jacobs" <> wrote:

    >Everything is relative.

    So what's that relative to, then?

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Sep 30, 2004
  12. troglodyte

    Ryan Jacobs Guest

    "Lawrence D¹Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in message
    > In article <YyM6d.8241$>,
    > "Ryan Jacobs" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Everything is relative.

    > So what's that relative to, then?

    In the abscense of a smiley - I must assume you're on drugs?

    :)

    Ryan Jacobs, Sep 30, 2004
  13. In article <gDP6d.8308$>,
    "Ryan Jacobs" <> wrote:

    >"Lawrence D¹Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in message
    >> In article <YyM6d.8241$>,
    >> "Ryan Jacobs" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Everything is relative.

    >> So what's that relative to, then?

    >In the abscense of a smiley - I must assume you're on drugs?

    No smiley. "Everything is relative" => everything must mean
    _everything_, including that sentence itself. So what's it relative to,
    then?

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Sep 30, 2004
  14. troglodyte

    > In article <gDP6d.8308$>,
    > "Ryan Jacobs" <> wrote:
    >
    >>"Lawrence D¹Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in message

    >>> So what's that relative to, then?

    >>In the abscense of a smiley - I must assume you're on drugs?

    > No smiley. "Everything is relative" => everything must mean
    > _everything_, including that sentence itself. So what's it relative to,
    > then?

    Possibly, relative to the relative context of the relative conversation -
    relatively speaking, of course :)

    Ryan Jacobs, Sep 30, 2004
  15. In article <Y5R6d.8359$>,
    "Ryan Jacobs" <> wrote:

    >"Lawrence D¹Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in message
    >> In article <gDP6d.8308$>,
    >> "Ryan Jacobs" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>"Lawrence D¹Oliveiro" <_zealand> wrote in message

    >>>In the abscense of a smiley - I must assume you're on drugs?

    >> No smiley. "Everything is relative" => everything must mean
    >> _everything_, including that sentence itself. So what's it relative to,
    >> then?

    >Possibly, relative to the relative context of the relative conversation -
    >relatively speaking, of course :)

    Who's the one on drugs? :)

    Lawrence D¹Oliveiro, Sep 30, 2004
  16. troglodyte

    AD. Guest

    On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 22:12:53 +1200, Lawrence D¹Oliveiro wrote:

    > No smiley. "Everything is relative" => everything must mean _everything_,
    > including that sentence itself. So what's it relative to, then?

    It looks like Lawrence has spent too long arguing with Harry :)

    Snap out of it man! hehe

    Cheers
    Anton

    AD., Sep 30, 2004